Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #21
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
For the first time since Mick Cronin has been head coach at UC, he can go after the best available player and not the best player at a certain position. Nice luxury.
I still think he wants another big. If he strikes out on his main targets or he can get a stud backcourt player then I think he will take one, but IMO he wants to land another big.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:33 PM   #22
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'd have to think that Mick wants a true BIG to finish the class, but if he doesn't get the right guy, he has plenty of options when it comes to wings.

McGary or Bennet would be wonderful but I don't think it's going to happen.

I personally would like:
1. Hammons
2. Moto
3. Someone like Carlos Morris/Semaj Christon or another wing Mick has up his sleeve.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #23
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I still think he wants another big. If he strikes out on his main targets or he can get a stud backcourt player then I think he will take one, but IMO he wants to land another big.
They've got multiple offers out. From McGary to Austin Waverly. I too believe he'd like to have another big but the numbers dictate he can go in various directions. I'd like to see another big too. However, I think the scholly will go to the best player willing to take it.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Anthony Bennett, PF - We can't imagine that there's anybody left who doesn't think this kid is a McDonald's All-American type. Bennett plays grown-man basketball and is comfortable in transition, in the post and stepping out to make jumpers.

(He averaged 12.1 points per game at the NBPA Top 100 camp over the weekend)

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1232902
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The "wish list" for the last scholarship should look like this in order:

1. Mitch McGary (longshot)
2. AJ Hammons (certainly in play)
3. Anthony Bennett (not sure where we stand)
4. Stud Wing/Guard that comes into play late
5. Secondary Big man like JUCO Waverly Austin
6. A lesser wing/guard like Semaj Christian
7. Leave scholarship open for 2013
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Good list. I'm not a big Hammons fan at this moment. Kid has so much potential and so little desire to reach it. He needs to step up. His effort can't even be called inconsistent.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Good list. I'm not a big Hammons fan at this moment. Kid has so much potential and so little desire to reach it. He needs to step up. His effort can't even be called inconsistent.
Has Hammons even played much, if at all, in AAU events this year? Last article I read which was from a while ago said his effort isn't much of a problem anymore.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Just my opinion LH. Also think he's too slow footed for UC's style but all that could change by being in better shape. Good thing is, if he signs, he wouldn't have to come straight in and make a huge impact.

I wouldn't be upset to get him. Just really was trying to say I wouldn't take him as a #2 on my wish list.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #29
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Has Hammons even played much, if at all, in AAU events this year? Last article I read which was from a while ago said his effort isn't much of a problem anymore.
I don't know about his recent play. But in the footage I've seen of him (before he transfered to Oak Hill) he seemed to be on cruise control up and down the floor and dominated mainly because of his superior size. He also appeared a little "bigger" than I thought in that he has some weight to lose. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if his effort as been questioned.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #30
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Just my opinion LH. Also think he's too slow footed for UC's style but all that could change by being in better shape. Good thing is, if he signs, he wouldn't have to come straight in and make a huge impact.

I wouldn't be upset to get him. Just really was trying to say I wouldn't take him as a #2 on my wish list.
I can understand that. The reason I had him at two was based solely on potential and serious interest.