Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-25-2021, 01:51 PM   #751
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Honestly I see Qudri Moore in Spell without mental lapses.
I always liked the idea of Quadri. I thought mick should have taken more chances on guys like Quadri. Very skilled offensive players and tried to make them ok defensively. Instead of the other way around. Quadri just wasn’t a good player.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:28 PM   #752
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
If Brannen and Company are still on staff after ALL the smoke clears, I wonder what type of offense they will run? I doubt it will be completely Brannen's offense coming into this season, especially with mix and match players...

I also wonder if Brannen will have the year 1 Keith Williams sort of situation, which was when Brannen arrived, one of his major talking points was, "This is Keith's Team." Then Cumberland returned, and it was no longer Keith's team. This may be nothing, but as a player would you trust the Coach after how that transpired?

These days when dealing with youth and young men your WORD as a Coach is everything.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #753
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I always liked the idea of Quadri. I thought mick should have taken more chances on guys like Quadri. Very skilled offensive players and tried to make them ok defensively. Instead of the other way around. Quadri just wasn’t a good player.
He was outstanding player. UC just wasn’t his coaching fit. Getting yanked and yelled at for ever little mistakes came be detrimental to certain players. Moore would’ve been 3rd best player on last year team under Brannen. He went toe to toe with towns in high school
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #754
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
If Brannen and Company are still on staff after ALL the smoke clears, I wonder what type of offense they will run? I doubt it will be completely Brannen's offense coming into this season, especially with mix and match players...

I also wonder if Brannen will have the year 1 Keith Williams sort of situation, which was when Brannen arrived, one of his major talking points was, "This is Keith's Team." Then Cumberland returned, and it was no longer Keith's team. This may be nothing, but as a player would you trust the Coach after how that transpired?

These days when dealing with youth and young men your WORD as a Coach is everything.
Guys told me yesterday a coach be stupid not to lie. It went from Keith perfect player in system to can’t wait until Keith was gone. Why wouldn’t Keith come back another year?
Old 03-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #755
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Guys told me yesterday a coach be stupid not to lie. It went from Keith perfect player in system to can’t wait until Keith was gone. Why wouldn’t Keith come back another year?

Man. I hope your "Guys" were joking and not in the coaching field.

There are too too many players that come from broken or single parent homes, that may or may not have their Father's in their lives for a multitude of reasons.

So some coaches may not realize that these players may value them more than just a coach.

Coaches aren't replacement Dad's on the surface, but in some cases they are rather they realize it or not. So coming out the gate lying, these young players will easily detect a coach that is not in their best interest.

The "Covid Portal" has become a safe space .
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #756
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Man. I hope your "Guys" were joking and not in the coaching field.

There are too too many players that come from broken or single parent homes, that may or may not have their Father's in their lives for a multitude of reasons.

So some coaches may not realize that these players may value them more than just a coach.

Coaches aren't replacement Dad's on the surface, but in some cases they are rather they realize it or not. So coming out the gate lying, these young players will easily detect a coach that is not in their best interest.

The "Covid Portal" has become a safe space .
“My guys” are members of this board. Huggins and Mick were like fathers to their players. I don’t see Brannen wanting that type bond
Old 03-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #757
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I hope MAW and Davenport are in fact committed to sticking around no matter what happens. A little bit of continuity would be nice. Other than Harvey, they were the only guys on the team with an ORtg above 100.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #758
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Torvik's, 2022 projections are in. We're top 200!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2022.JPG (35.1 KB, 6 views)
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #759
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Harvey to UCSB...per his twitter.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #760
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post