Went to UK...
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #262
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Its just a matter of time before he announces hes coming to UC. Its all but official
Love it and I hope you're right, He can bang down low and Korval can prptect the rim, now I'd love to get Quinn Slazinski as a streach 4 who can run in transition and shoot as well as rebound.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:28 AM   #263
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Oby Oguama, the Wake Forest transfer just got a crystal ball to UC on 247 sports.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:40 AM   #264
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
I’ll take him but I would’ve preferred two legit scorers at any position over just grabbing big that don’t really rim protect
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #265
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Oby Oguama, the Wake Forest transfer just got a crystal ball to UC on 247 sports.
It will be interesting to see what happens if we get Ody and Lakhin stays. What do we do with the last scholly? If we have Koval, Lakhin, and Ody I think we have 3 guys who can man the 5 in a pinch. That's 15 fouls to give and should be enough. We could target one more big or a tall wing who can shoot.

With only 3 true bigs I would be worried about injury. Then we would be in a situation with only 10 fouls to give. With Dejulius staying and rumor that we will honor banks scholarship...not sure what Wes is going to do here. I don't think we have the fire power on the wing right now and/or we will be limited with guys who can play the 5 or power 4.

If Lakhin leaves we definitely need to add another guy who can defend the 5 in a pinch. But we still have the same scenario with the last remaining scholly. It seems as though we are still looking at wings/guards as well as bigs. I would like to have 2 volume shooters on the court most of the time. That is not really one of our PG's and not really Newman. So we would need Davenport and MAW or Mason. If Newman plays the 2 and Davenport the 3 we will be short on shooters.

A guy like Slazinski could help a little in that he can shoot and has some height for rebounding. If he plays the 4 and Davenport the 3 we can keep two shooters on the court that way. We have at least some shooting ability in Newman, PG's and Koval/Lakhin. I would put them all in the same basket of being selective shooters and not volume shooters.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #266
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Would’ve been nice if could’ve at least got Williams to stay or Isaiah to come with him. I’ll take do it all wing for final piece. Banks on scholarship is ridiculous
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:38 PM   #267
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Ody is realistically one of the best bigs you will find, at this stage in the game, that can come in immediately and play. He also has AAC experience with a couple years left to grow. Would be an incredible get.

Still think we could use another big in my opinion. I doubt we ever see lakhin
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #268
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Ody would fill our biggest area of need, which is rebounding. In each of his first two seasons he had an OReb rate around 12, which is excellent (3rd best available - about the same as Tari). His block rate last year was a disappointing 1.9, but his freshman year it was a solid 5.4. He saw a big sophomore improvement in the expected areas: turnover rate from 25 to 15 and foul rate from 7.3 to 5.1. His shooting worsened from 54% to 47% as his usage rate went up, but he got fouled a lot which brought his true shooting percentage up to a respectable 52%.

His BPR numbers say he was below average on offense and above average on defense as a freshman. As a sophomore he was average on offense and below average on defense. Ideally, he can sustain his good rebounding and low turnover rate he posted as a sophomore while repeating his freshman year block rate and low usage efficient scoring.

He put on 35 pounds since his high school years, which may have affected his leaping quickness and shot blocking ability. Maybe Rehfeldt can help him find a good balance of strength and agility.

Overall I'd be very happy if we can land Ody. He's excellent in our biggest area of need and has shown potential to be at least above average in other areas.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:44 AM   #269
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Ody gives a few quotes about his recruitment in this article.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basket...ma--165212004/

It seems like we are recruiting him the hardest but we'll have to fight off some really good programs to land him.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #270
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Ody is realistically one of the best bigs you will find, at this stage in the game, that can come in immediately and play. He also has AAC experience with a couple years left to grow. Would be an incredible get.

Still think we could use another big in my opinion. I doubt we ever see lakhin
Time to force the issue with Lakhin. Grab two bigs and see what he wants to do from there. I still want to get a tallish wing who can shoot.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote