Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #41
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
These are facts--not opinions:
1) There were only 38% of FBS schools with a better record than UC
2) UC's five losses were to teams within this 38%
3) This means there were 62% of teams with worse records

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why some of you are so down on the Bearcats and Coach T. I think a lot of it has to do with expectations--they were high (mainly due to offensive capabilities). See all of the true Bearcats in Hawaii.
Gotta be rich to be a true Bearcat
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #42
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Ok, I'm new here, but I think that even though I made no plans to attend the bowl game I can still be considered a true bearcat fan. I have been a season ticket holder for at least a dozen years, and have attended football games at Nippert and on the road since the 1970's. I've attended bowl games in Birmingham, Detriot, Memphis, and New Orleans. I'm a UCats member. I sat up Christmas Eve watching that whole fiasco and never turned the game off. But I sure wasn't going to pay out 1000's of dollars for my wife, kids, and grandkids to go watch a game that UC seemed to have no interest in really trying to win. I've sat through games at Nippert and Riverfront with 5000 other "true" fans and watched UC lose to midpack MAC schools and I've seen UC reach heights that we could only dream of.

I am VERY dissapointed in the current status of the UC football program. I don't have expectations of being top 10 ranked every year, but I don't think it's overboard to expect top 20-30 regularly and a top 3 within whatever conference they are in as a realistic expectation. I don't see this program getting any better than it was with last coach's. In fact, I don't even see it maintaining the success that it has experienced over the past decade. It seems to be regressing. I don't see this as just a 1 year trend, but it seems to be a steady decline over the last 3 years. Tubby came in and said they needed to recruit speed...but where is it? His teams have not had defensive stars at all. How long has it been since UC had a threat at kick returner or a homerun threat at wide receiver? In addition, it seems his teams have lacked physical toughness. I don't think other teams are thinking going into a UC game that they are going to be physically tested. He has presented us with "soft" teams that aren't fast. Not a good combination.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #43
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Gran to UK

TheCatsPause247 ‏@TheCatsPause247 3h3 hours ago
According to multiple reports, Cincinnati's Eddie Gran to be named UK's next OC http://kentucky.247sports.com/Articl...nator-42327279 … #BBN
Old 12-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #44
JerseySean

JerseySean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Gran to UK

TheCatsPause247 ‏@TheCatsPause247 3h3 hours ago
According to multiple reports, Cincinnati's Eddie Gran to be named UK's next OC http://kentucky.247sports.com/Articl...nator-42327279 … #BBN
Rats deserting the sinking ship?
JerseySean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #45
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The QB coach Hinshaw is also joining him at UK.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:05 AM   #46
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
These are facts--not opinions:
1) There were only 38% of FBS schools with a better record than UC
2) UC's five losses were to teams within this 38%
3) This means there were 62% of teams with worse records

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why some of you are so down on the Bearcats and Coach T. I think a lot of it has to do with expectations--they were high (mainly due to offensive capabilities). See all of the true Bearcats in Hawaii.
For the life of you, you can't understand? Really? Are you blind, not watching or Tuberville's son? Did you not see humiliating losses to Temple at home, ugly late loss to Brigham Young and other ugly losses to USF on the road and to San Diego State in a bowl game? What exactly were you watching, the Dating Game instead?? Did you not see the offensive and defensive lines of UC get destroyed in these games? Have you seen that in the past 10 years. As a season ticket holder, I have not seen that kind of domination against UC since the Dave Curry days. Have you not noticed we have one player from the Cincinnati area in the recruiting fold as a commitment next year?

Now we are poised to have one of our worst football seasons in years, with an 87 million dollar renovated stadium and UC management drinking the Tuberville kool aid. It doesn't get much worse. Not sure what Bohn is thinking here. He should have made a move on Tuberville.

I say to you all, write the AD, write the president telling them of your displeasure with Tuberville and his staff and lets ride this southern gentleman out of town.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:26 AM   #47
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
WOW--a real hatred!

No, I can see very well. I was disappointed in this year's team for many of the reasons you listed. But at the same time, I feel stability in the coaching ranks, at this point in time, is crucial. It is natural to call for a coach's head when teams do not live up to expectations (which were very high). My question is this. There are some on this site who, for whatever reason, HATE Tuberville. I mean, just can't stand him---why? They didn't like him from the get-go---why? It almost seems personal--why?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:04 AM   #48
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, I can see very well. I was disappointed in this year's team for many of the reasons you listed. But at the same time, I feel stability in the coaching ranks, at this point in time, is crucial. It is natural to call for a coach's head when teams do not live up to expectations (which were very high). My question is this. There are some on this site who, for whatever reason, HATE Tuberville. I mean, just can't stand him---why? They didn't like him from the get-go---why? It almost seems personal--why?
Maybe they are aware that the man hasn't had a 10 win season since 2006. A "big time" former SEC and Big 12 coach coming into an AAC program that had won 10+ in 5 of the 6 years before he got there should have no problem maintaining.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #49
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
I've got nothing PERSONALLY against the man. I don't dislike him, or find him annoying, or don't like the way he talks, or the way he looks, or where he is from. I just don't think he has performed his duties as a head coach in a way that meets the expectations he should be held to. #hottestcollegeinamerica may have been true a few years ago, but not now.

My Facebook memory today came up from 4 years ago. Picture of my wife and I in front of the inflatable Bearcat @ the Liberty Bowl....the last time UC had a bowl game victory. FOUR YEARS AGO.

Is 9-4, 9-4, 7-6 worth an extension and raise? I don't think so. I'm not saying he should be fired, but I think that is something that could be seriously considered this time next year.....unless things change next season.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #50
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
EXPECTATIONS

Having been there and done that, EXPECTATIONS is what kills coaches! It kills them internally, physically, from the outside (public pressure). There are expectations to control 100 kids, inspire all 100, coach all 100 up, coach your assistants, win 95% of your games, bring in money to the university, and the list goes on. Expectations drive good men out of the business. It's a tough business! Fans expect this, and fans expect that. They are not happy with 80% achievement. They want 100% achievement. I enjoyed the Orange Bowl, and I enjoyed the Sugar Bowl, but those two appearances raised the expectation bar too high for coaches and players that followed.: eek:
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote