Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #231
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I don't think I've seen any indications that there has been abuse. But I don't think that's required for a Marshall style revolt. But if that's how you want to qualify it, than I guess we can call it players revolting against a coach who they don't like.
Yeah, I think we should leave Marshall's name out of it if abuse isn't supposed to be implied. I know Lobot started that analogy, but let's not continue it here. Maybe call it a Huggins revolt, as I think he's had multiple seasons with a mass exodus at West Virginia.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #232
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I feel bad for spreading gossip, but dang it's all out there somewhere. I'm just saving some clicks.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #233
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and around the same time brannen's wife started liking posts about not listening to outside influences and stuff like that.

i can see this all making sense now.
Apparently Brannen's wife is going on a spree today. Liked a post on twitter criticizing Harvey for leaving and another criticizing Saunders for leaving.

Brannen needs to tell her to delete her twitter account yesterday. For any players on the edge about leaving, this might be what pushes them over.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #234
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If the players can’t handle getting their feelings hurt or a coach saying something bad about a guy that left, they are in for a rude awakening in college. Or guys being recruited over them. Grow up.

Once again, I doubt this is it, but some of you guys seem to think it is.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #235
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If the players can’t handle getting their feelings hurt or a coach saying something bad about a guy that left, they are in for a rude awakening in college. Or guys being recruited over them. Grow up.

Could definitely be it. There's a difference between toughness and a lack of respect.

Still, if that's the reason, it's hopefully a one time issue and not a toxic situation that persists with the guys who stay.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #236
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Could definitely be it. There's a difference between toughness and a lack of respect.

Still, if that's the reason, it's hopefully a one time issue and not a toxic situation that persists with the guys who stay.

Can't have coaches wife on twitter liking posts that bash players. That helps nobody in any way.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #237
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post

once feelings get hurt logic flies out the window. feelings were clearly hurt. we need to find the end and cut the cord.
Old 03-16-2021, 03:43 PM   #238
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Apparently Brannen's wife is going on a spree today. Liked a post on twitter criticizing Harvey for leaving and another criticizing Saunders for leaving.

Brannen needs to tell her to delete her twitter account yesterday. For any players on the edge about leaving, this might be what pushes them over.
Looks horrible to like that tweet.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:44 PM   #239
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Can't have coaches wife on twitter liking posts that bash players. That helps nobody in any way.
Yes, that is a persistent toxic situation. Wtf
Old 03-16-2021, 04:05 PM   #240
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If this is true then that is absolute bullshit.

She's a grown woman who should know better than to get involved in this stuff. Go spend some time with your kids, do some stuff around the house, read a book, go spend some of your millions of dollars... just get the hell off Twitter and quit making the program look bush league.

I mean, what in the absolute f*%# is she thinking she's accomplishing with this?