Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2021, 05:49 PM   #631
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
This from Nick O. on 247 boards.
Lmao. So sounds like he like all of us thought, that Harvey would transfer.. again how dare he voice that. How dare he prepare for the future.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #632
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That sounds like hot garbage or a complete dunce as a coach. He knows they talk to each other. Makes zero sense
What the hell are you talking about, him seeing the writing on the wall with Harvey, makes him a dunce?
Old 03-18-2021, 05:51 PM   #633
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
The no hats, earrings and so on really stands out to me. Like wtf is that? Sounds like a 1980's rule.

Brannen sounds really out of touch with the times. He needs to sit down with DeJulius, JD, and MAW and just freaking listen to them. And actually listen.
Clubs downtown literally have these rules besides the earrings. Yeah so 80s..
Old 03-18-2021, 06:28 PM   #634
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
What the hell are you talking about, him seeing the writing on the wall with Harvey, makes him a dunce?
No...what makes that a dunce is to tell his friend and player before it was official or even thought about. From the article it sounds like the transfer player was unaware of his impending transfer. Either way if you can’t see the “dunce” in this move...here’s your sign
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #635
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
No...what makes that a dunce is to tell his friend and player before it was official or even thought about. From the article it sounds like the transfer player was unaware of his impending transfer. Either way if you can’t see the “dunce” in this move...here’s your sign
That’s what the player says after the fact, now.. we have been talking about how likely it was that Harvey would transfer all season. Now it was just speculation and he NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Sorry my BS radar is going off. Could he have been a little smarter about the way he dealt with it, possibly, but we don’t even know what was said. Again it’s all second hand speculation at this point. You really would call him a dunce if he was talking to a recruit and said there’s a possible chance of even more minutes opening up because I believe one of our players may transfer at the end of the season.. and you’re saying the kid should deal with that, without having any intention of transferring before just immediately decide he is going to transfer now and not even discuss it with the coach?
Old 03-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #636
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lmao. So sounds like he like all of us thought, that Harvey would transfer.. again how dare he voice that. How dare he prepare for the future.
Say your boss guarantees you a promotion because the guy above you is getting a new job. Then you talk to the guy above you and he says we has no plan to leave.

That's what Brannen supposedly did and it's a complete dunce move.

It's fine to suspect a guy is transferring and prepare to the future. But you talk to the guy first and make sure of his plans. You don't promise guy A playing time because guy B is transferring unless you are sure guy B is transferring. There is plenty of room to give less definite statements.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:37 PM   #637
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your reading the surface material and not understanding the underlying implications at all.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:43 PM   #638
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That’s what the player says after the fact, now.. we have been talking about how likely it was that Harvey would transfer all season. Now it was just speculation and he NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT. Sorry my BS radar is going off. Could he have been a little smarter about the way he dealt with it, possibly, but we don’t even know what was said. Again it’s all second hand speculation at this point. You really would call him a dunce if he was talking to a recruit and said there’s a possible chance of even more minutes opening up because I believe one of our players may transfer at the end of the season.. and you’re saying the kid should deal with that, without having any intention of transferring before just immediately decide he is going to transfer now and not even discuss it with the coach?
Again, it's all second hand so we don't know. But what you are saying isn't what is claimed to have happened.

I have no problem with John telling a recruit that minutes may be opening up.

Go back and look at my original post. The claim is he told a current player (my guess is Mason) that minutes would open up for him because another player (almost certainly Harvey) was expected to transfer. Maybe Harvey had considered transferring, but he didn't know he was expected to transfer.

Maybe that's not what was actually said. If Brannen told Mason his minutes may increase next year because Harvey may transfer (and Brannen had talked to Harvey and knew he may transfer), that's fine.

We can only judge based on second hand knowledge. But the sheer number of player defections and the consistency of them blaming Brannen and saying that Brannen lies and deceives indicates the first scenario is quite possibly the truth.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:48 PM   #639
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Again, it's all second hand so we don't know. But what you are saying isn't what is claimed to have happened.

I have no problem with John telling a recruit that minutes may be opening up.

Go back and look at my original post. The claim is he told a current player (my guess is Mason) that minutes would open up for him because another player (almost certainly Harvey) was expected to transfer. Maybe Harvey had considered transferring, but he didn't know he was expected to transfer.

Maybe that's not what was actually said. If Brannen told Mason his minutes may increase next year because Harvey may transfer (and Brannen had talked to Harvey and knew he may transfer), that's fine.

We can only judge based on second hand knowledge. But the sheer number of player defections and the consistency of them blaming Brannen and saying that Brannen lies and deceives indicates the first scenario is quite possibly the truth.
Is there more than one player that has actually said Brannen lies and Deceives? I haven’t seen that yet
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #640
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Your reading the surface material and not understanding the underlying implications at all.
I’m understanding completely I just have a different stance. And like I said I’m willing to see it both ways, it all depends on context. Did he PROMISE. Or did he discuss the possibility. Big difference. And right now your source material is a second hand source by way of an angry transfer.