Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #731
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
You think the recruits leaving were good enough to get us a top 4 seed? That's the goal, get a high seed and advance in the tourney. Eason was, the rest though...

Are you going to say but he was actually good when mason transfers to Toledo or where. Seems hypocritical considering you judged Cronin recruits by where they transferred to.
Big difference. Cronin picked LoJo, Nsoseme, etc to fit his system. He probably would have done pretty well with them. Likewise, the Madsens and Saunders probably would have worked out in Brannen's system. All of that goes out the window when a player transfers. He's starting over, and competing with a thousand other players looking for the right fit.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #732
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we kept the roster in tact I was thinking in two years about that top 4 seed. Because the young guys were playing well but had two more years to keep getting better. Also you fill the holes with a couple of transfers and keep filling the roster out with more HS recruits. Maybe some of the young guys are still role players at that point...but very good ones.

If we brought in the right 5 and a stud wing...I thought it was shaping up pretty good. But what is the point now in wondering? It fell apart. Gotta pick up the pieces and move forward.
Exactly, why keep crying about it. It’s over. They left, and brannen isn’t getting fired. It sucks. We get it
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #733
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Maybe Armein Kirkland?
Stop it. Jermaine Lawrence
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:32 PM   #734
TheRealMick
Elite Member

We needed 6’7-6’9 guys that can move and handle like guards. Outstanding pick up. Get us 2-3 more guys with his skillset
Old 03-19-2021, 12:34 PM   #735
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
He's not ranked bc of covid...
I love the pick up. But 6’9 he should’ve be ranked 3yrs ago.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:41 PM   #736
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
I love the pick up. But 6’9 he should’ve be ranked 3yrs ago.
He grew a lot from freshman through senior. But yes I agree, but I don’t think him being completely unranked is accurate
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #737
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
If we can manage to land Toney I would think we are on our way to stop the bleeding. Not sure who we are looking for at the athletic 5 spot but that is something I would like to get out of the way soon.

If we can get those two things...I can breathe easier. The rest is icing if we can hit a home run on those two. I will settle for a double and a HR
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:08 PM   #738
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
JD with a nice tweet to Bryson spell’s commitment. Despite what skyblade says I don’t think JD is going anywhere
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #739
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we can manage to land Toney I would think we are on our way to stop the bleeding. Not sure who we are looking for at the athletic 5 spot but that is something I would like to get out of the way soon.

If we can get those two things...I can breathe easier. The rest is icing if we can hit a home run on those two. I will settle for a double and a HR
There’s enough talent out there to put together a good team. I’m not sure we can get any of them, but I’ve seen crazier things happen. I think we could very easily have a better team next year but that’s not hard considering we were around 120ish
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #740
TheRealMick
Elite Member

It’s enough talent to put together a top 10 team. In all reality this is coaches dream and some players nightmares. If I was coach I’ll love be able have this many available players