Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-20-2020, 08:26 PM   #161
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
He needed to get or keep a prospect and develop him.

Nsoseme is off averaging 10.7 rebounds and 14.2 points at Georgia State, it's hard to believe that Brannen couldn't have kept him if he wanted him. Hardnett was forced off the team. Diarra was barely given any minutes or any chance to develop. For some reason Diarra would play 2 minutes and get pulled for any mistake, but Rap can commit 5 TO's in consecutive games, still play 20 minutes and move back into the starting lineup.

I knew the moment we recruited Rap that he had no business playing the 4 here and was not going to be a star. I can link you the thread. If I can tell you this, just based on eye test and numbers, then Brannen or someone on his staff should be able to.

I've told you guys since day 1 that Vogt is trash. Sure it took a while to become obvious to others, but again, if I can see that why can't Brannen and his staff?

So Brannen couldn't keep, forced away or didn't give a chance to the players he should have been developing. Now he is stuck without anyone developing and created a cycle where he needs to rely on guys who can contribute immediately. At the very least, in that case he should have gone after a JuCo guy - or a Sophomore/Junior transfer - whom could contribute multiple years, this year was a rebuilding year anyway.

He got a bottom of the barrel big in Rap, a senior wasting a roster spot that could have gone to a player to develop.

Either Brannen is bad at recruiting bigs, bad at evaluating them or both. At this point it seems like both to me and that is very bad for the future.

How many players did Cronin have who really didn't belong on the floor - and were expected to play (since he always had 2/3 guys developing on the bench)? Not very many, sure some of them only contributed on the defense/rebounding end, but they made enough of an impact that they still could play for extended periods if needed. Trevor Moore is the only really bad recruit I can think of for Cronin in the last few years.

Brannen already has 3/4. McNeal, Sorolla, Rap and (arguably) Vogt. I'd bet that Lakhin could be added to that list, but I'll wait to see and hope to be surprised.
Moore and other guy I forgot his name but was top 50 recruit
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #162
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Tari says hello...
Man we overrating him because how terrible other bigs are. Eason can’t even make his layups. Gates and Gary were 10x better as freshman
Old 12-20-2020, 08:31 PM   #163
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Giving no access to brendal is a win.
Absolutely! He a fraud. Bet he pissed micky left his azz in dust
Old 12-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #164
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Man we overrating him because how terrible other bigs are. Eason can’t even make his layups. Gates and Gary were 10x better as freshman
Numbers are comparable... He's got alot to I prove upon. But he's a rare one contributing now... And... Has a ton of upside.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #165
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Numbers are comparable... He's got alot to I prove upon. But he's a rare one contributing now... And... Has a ton of upside.
He’s more athletic and that’s it. Need him toughen up and make more stops at rim on defense. I can’t play through him right now, gates would’ve been all world against USF
Old 12-21-2020, 07:24 AM   #166
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He’s more athletic and that’s it. Need him toughen up and make more stops at rim on defense. I can’t play through him right now, gates would’ve been all world against USF
Toughen up? Someone said he was “tough”. Is he “tough” or not. We must know.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:51 AM   #167
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I think he’s more skilled than both compared to when they were freshmen. He has a long way to go but he has the skills.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #168
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think he’s more skilled than both compared to when they were freshmen. He has a long way to go but he has the skills.
Sorry Yancy went up against lottery picks his 1st yr and held his own. Eason looks solid on team with Vogt and rap. He needs tons of work around rim or work on his jumper.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:27 AM   #169
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Toughen up? Someone said he was “tough”. Is he “tough” or not. We must know.
Tough players go for knockout punches and try slam everything home around rim. Eason struggles with layups and put backs. If nothing else though Vogt should be able to teach him couple post moves, I think his our best post player since fortson. Just don’t know how hide him on defense.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:37 AM   #170
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Sorry Yancy went up against lottery picks his 1st yr and held his own. Eason looks solid on team with Vogt and rap. He needs tons of work around rim or work on his jumper.
Don’t know why you are sorry. I love yancy. Great player. Eason is not a finished product. Has a long way to go. Still very skilled.