Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #41
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Been busy, still haven't watched the first 10 minutes of the game, but saw the rest.

It's nice to finally get a blowout win and see it done by the young guys. But, as usual I am cautious to overreact to it. Tulane is a bad team and fell apart when the going got difficult - got "boat raced" as Brannen calls it. Tulane played barely any defense all game (seemed like we got a good shot unless we turned it over). They also were the perfect matchup for Tari to play the 5, as the have no size and are bad at rebounding. Tari fouls a lot because he gets pushed around by bigger guys and is undersized at the 5.

I don't think Keith getting 4 fouls had much of anything to do with our run, but I think Vogt getting 4 fouls did. We can play a faster paced free flowing game with Vogt out. Plus Eason (and Diarra) are better rebounders than Vogt.

Speaking of Diarra, I'm thinking Brannen not playing him in the 2nd half must be a Brannen dog house situation. Diarra had 4 rebounds in 4 minutes and played well in the first half (minus the 1-3-1 zone being terrible, but that's on Brannen), than was the only scholarship player available on the bench for the final 15 minutes and still didn't get in the game.

While the win is nice, I'm waiting to see what happens against Memphis before I throw any parties. I'm expecting a blowout loss. If we manage to win (or even be close), it will be a good sign that we are really turning things around.
As for diarra, it’s not a dog house situation, not a conspiracy, it’s clear he just doesn’t think he’s any good or adds anything.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #42
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I honestly don’t care about anything internal anymore.

Play like they did last night and I’m happy.

I’ll accept players regularly transferring if we win.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote