mdchick is on a distinguished road
Future Bearcats

Gabe madsen..... is..... good. Second 40+ point game in a row
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:14 AM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Got Eason. Big get. I like the class. Keep bringing in talent. Anyway we can. Future looks good.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #3
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Maw, Eason, Madsen, Harvey. I’ll take that in first 8 months or so on the job. If Saunders play anything like Maw next years team should at least be a lot of fun to watch.

Next years class is gonna be our best since when? Multiple guys to be excited about. If we can bring in a grad transfer shooter and back up big, we might be able to turn next year into something.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:41 AM   #4
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Maw, Eason, Madsen, Harvey. I’ll take that in first 8 months or so on the job. If Saunders play anything like Maw next years team should at least be a lot of fun to watch.

Next years class is gonna be our best since when? Multiple guys to be excited about. If we can bring in a grad transfer shooter and back up big, we might be able to turn next year into something.
I don’t know about next year but there will be guys available in the spring. And brannen won’t be getting a late start. Great recruiting for not even being here a year.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #5
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
"The main factors that have always stood out to Eason about the Cincinnati program and coaching staff include the up-tempo offense that emphasizes pace, space, and having all 5 players handle the ball on offense to utilize his developing skill set, and just how hard the staff recruited him."

hope more skilled guys feel the same way.

Last edited by cincrulz11; 12-22-2019 at 07:21 AM. Reason: quote from Brett Stein
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #6
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Early 20/21 Roster Outlook:

C - Vogt (SR)
PF - Diarra (JR)
SF - Williams (SR)
SG - Harvey (SO)
PG - Adams Woods (SO)

F - Davenport (SO)
F - Eason (FR)
G - Saunders (FR)
G - G. Madsen (FR)
G - M. Madsen (FR)
*F - Toyambi (FR - possible medical hardship, scholarship could be freed up?)

Needs: Center (JUCO?), Wing (Grad Transfer?)
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #7
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Early 20/21 Roster Outlook:

C - Vogt (SR)
PF - Diarra (JR)
SF - Williams (SR)
SG - Harvey (SO)
PG - Adams Woods (SO)

F - Davenport (SO)
F - Eason (FR)
G - Saunders (FR)
G - G. Madsen (FR)
G - M. Madsen (FR)
*F - Toyambi (FR - possible medical hardship, scholarship could be freed up?)

Needs: Center (JUCO?), Wing (Grad Transfer?)
Eason is an excellent addition. I think Center is the obvious need at this point. Centers generally take a while to develop, so we want to be training a replacement before Vogt graduates. Ideally, we want a 4-year center. If Diarra starts at PF, then we probably want two centers (one 4-year guy and one grad transfer/JUCO).

A grad transfer wing would help give us some experience. But next year looks like a down year and a year we are very unlikely to make the NCAA tournament. We might be better off just letting our young guys play and figure it out. That would likely make us better off in the 21-22 season.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Eason is an excellent addition. I think Center is the obvious need at this point. Centers generally take a while to develop, so we want to be training a replacement before Vogt graduates. Ideally, we want a 4-year center. If Diarra starts at PF, then we probably want two centers (one 4-year guy and one grad transfer/JUCO).

A grad transfer wing would help give us some experience. But next year looks like a down year and a year we are very unlikely to make the NCAA tournament. We might be better off just letting our young guys play and figure it out. That would likely make us better off in the 21-22 season.
Unless Harvey's development takes a big jump over the second half of this season, I wouldn't feel confident giving him (or Gabe Madsen) one of the starting wing spots from day 1 next fall.

A wing grad transfer would essentially fill the spot that Trevor Moore was groomed for over the past few seasons and keep our classes a bit more balanced.

Regardless of how much we're rebuilding next year or not, I'd prefer to put out the most competitive team possible.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #9
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I wanted to dig these posts out of the open thread. I think it will be useful to keep this up to date and on topic.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Unless Harvey's development takes a big jump over the second half of this season, I wouldn't feel confident giving him (or Gabe Madsen) one of the starting wing spots from day 1 next fall.

A wing grad transfer would essentially fill the spot that Trevor Moore was groomed for over the past few seasons and keep our classes a bit more balanced.

Regardless of how much we're rebuilding next year or not, I'd prefer to put out the most competitive team possible.
I think one of the younger guys will earn the job. Whether it’s Madsen, Harvey or even Saunders moving MAW to the wing is possible. My preference right now would be to play Eason over Diara or Davenport but not much to go on. Still need a backup 5 for sure. Eason fits very well
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote