Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-31-2020, 04:58 AM   #191
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Or you could look at it as... wow, what kinda coach is able to take that roster to the tourney.
I’ve always said, Cronins teams will always be decent. That was never the issue. The issue was taking the next step and trying to win in the tourney with that kind of talent. It’s almost impossible when half your roster can’t even play. Can’t believe people wanted that same roster to return.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:38 AM   #192
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Or you could look at it as... wow, what kinda coach is able to take that roster to the tourney.
Well he did recruit these guys.......
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:10 AM   #193
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
eh. None of them really played
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #194
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
eh. None of them really played
Hardnett was a redshirt. Mick doesn’t just redshirt guys. He thinks they have something

Logan was a great lockdown defender in multiple games

Elie would be the best rebounder in the conference. He could defend and rebound like mad. He helped in multiple games

And who knows about Samari who always wanted to play local, and had to go to Nebraska instead. He limited his own recruitment for a long time

Fredericks was always intended to just be a filler piece when jake left.

I mean the reality is mick won the conference championship (which is the conference tourney) and made the tourney with a 5’10 3 star pg, a 2star NEC transfer, a 3 star red shirt big, a 3 star 2 year spot minute center, a low level 4 star Keith Williams, and then Jarron Cumberland.

Mick made believe that he can coach pretty damn good if your able to mine diamonds from that lump of coal.

And what do you know... he’s turning UCLA around culturally as well. They just punked out #20 Colorado on the boards and beat them to go 500 in conference.

I’m not mad he’s gone. But someone of you act like Cronin era was an oppressive losing regime. It wasn’t. The toughness he made dudes play with was some thing to be proud of.

I love almost all the former guys he had in too. Including the one that is the reason why were just outside of first place
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:02 AM   #195
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Hardnett was a redshirt. Mick doesn’t just redshirt guys. He thinks they have something

Logan was a great lockdown defender in multiple games

Elie would be the best rebounder in the conference. He could defend and rebound like mad. He helped in multiple games

And who knows about Samari who always wanted to play local, and had to go to Nebraska instead. He limited his own recruitment for a long time

Fredericks was always intended to just be a filler piece when jake left.

I mean the reality is mick won the conference championship (which is the conference tourney) and made the tourney with a 5’10 3 star pg, a 2star NEC transfer, a 3 star red shirt big, a 3 star 2 year spot minute center, a low level 4 star Keith Williams, and then Jarron Cumberland.

Mick made believe that he can coach pretty damn good if your able to mine diamonds from that lump of coal.

And what do you know... he’s turning UCLA around culturally as well. They just punked out #20 Colorado on the boards and beat them to go 500 in conference.

I’m not mad he’s gone. But someone of you act like Cronin era was an oppressive losing regime. It wasn’t. The toughness he made dudes play with was some thing to be proud of.

I love almost all the former guys he had in too. Including the one that is the reason why were just outside of first place
The overall point was we shouldn't freak out and want the coach fired for these guys leaving. Most of these guys only work in a very specific role. If they are asked to do anything else it doesn’t work.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:05 AM   #196
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
The overall point was we shouldn't freak out and want the coach fired for these guys leaving. Most of these guys only work in a very specific role. If they are asked to do anything else it doesn’t work.
And my point is... it took Jarron Cumberland 2.5 months to get used to a new coach
Maybe learning a new system is hard for every player.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 01-31-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:11 AM   #197
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
And my point is... it took Jarron Cumberland 2.5 months to get used to a new coach.

Maybe learning a new system is hard for every coach.
Agree. I think it take years for coaches to truly instill their system. With recruits and philosophy. I also understand sometimes schools can’t give coaches that much time.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:11 AM   #198
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And my point is... it took Jarron Cumberland 2.5 months to get used to a new coach
Maybe learning a new system is hard for every player.
i mean this completely ignores that Jarron wasn't physically able to play anywhere near his normal level until january.

if jarron was healthy all offseason no doubt in my mind he's ready in brannens system in november.

before january Cumberland couldn't even take slow white guys to the rim. now he can't be guarded.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:12 AM   #199
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i wondered why all the sudden people were posting again on the board cause its been a ghost town. its cause mick won a game??? interesting.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:21 AM   #200
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i wondered why all the sudden people were posting again on the board cause its been a ghost town. its cause mick won a game??? interesting.
Or there was nothing to talk about.

Seems like your trying to stir something up that isn’t there.

Reason I posted: woke up, checked my email, and I see a notification from the former Bearcats thread. Decided to chime in.

I don’t care that mick won. Though I do believe he will be successful at UCLA.