charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Recent datdudeBP interview

http://www.cincinnatimagazine.com/fe...spx?ID=2007148
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Great article. Long, but great. I love Phillips. He's my favorite Red since Dimitri Young. He is getting it done this year, too.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
charlie hustle

HA! i haven't heard(/seen) that name in a long time. that dude had some great years in a Cincy uniform. (definitely was a loose cannon, though)

yeah BP is probably my favorite current Red, as well. so much personality. so much flash. i've heard other teams' fan bases describe him: "he's one of those players you absolutely hate, unless he's on your team." and obviously his RBI count this year is ridiculous. he's batting .750 with the bases juiced! (15 total ABs) .410 with RISP (in general).

oh and f*** Braun
Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I'm a fan of guys that hit for average and have a little flair about them. Good flair, not cockiness. Dmitri fit this mold. I wish they had kept him. The guy hit 50 doubles one year. My favorite memory of him was one game when he was at the plate and hit a routine ball into the gap. He had already had a single, double and home run. So when the fielder chased the ball down after not too much time and turned to throw, Dmitri was midway between first and second. So instead of slowing up for the obvious double he kept his head down and rounded second and was thrown out by probably 40 feet, no exageration. He had the biggest grin on his face. While I don't condone wasting an out even though the game was well in hand I believe, you can't blame a guy for wanting the cycle and going all out for it. The smile on his face said it all, he was laughing at himself.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
charlie hustle

haha I hear ya. I don't remember that game but that's hilarious. if that was a McKeon year, I'm sure he was pleased (/sarcasm).
i don't have the stats to back it up, but I'm guessing the cycle is more rare than a no-no...? so i don't blame him at all (if, like you said, the game was well in-hand).

Mes was a 3B short of the cycle a couple days ago! kid is on fire right now!