Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #71
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I dont know that 13 is too many with the more possession we had. Then you see scott, brooks, and washington had 8 of them and I feel a bit better. As long as the PGs are taking care of it the others have shown in the past they will too.
Good point! Even more than that our PG's had 0 TO's and our frosh wings had 0 TO's.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #72
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
tre has been impressive in both games. Don't think he'll ever be a double digit scoring but can be a good defense, Justin Jackson energy type player.

Keith Williams looks great. His ball handling and passing has been impressive. Could be a good point guard in the future i think.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 AM   #73
waterhead
Senior Moderator

We stayed put in Kenpom. So if we can destroy the cupcakes maybe it won't hurt so much. We can move in December. We can hold tight in November.

I think we were like 1.3 ppp last game vs .66 ppp for WCU. That's just insane. We played SOOOO much better than the first game...which is scary.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #74
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
tre has been impressive in both games. Don't think he'll ever be a double digit scoring but can be a good defense, Justin Jackson energy type player.

Keith Williams looks great. His ball handling and passing has been impressive. Could be a good point guard in the future i think.
Tre was all over the court. I would limit his dribbling to 1 time just like most of the bigs not named Clark or Washington. He is a great passer. I think I almost cried when he backed his man down on the block and then kicked it out for a 3 to Broome. He looked like Gary on that play. He's killing it in assists right now.

Keith is a f-ing stud. CoachPipe called it a long time ago. There is little to no dropoff when Williams is in the game. I was thinking hey...we just had Evans AND Cumberland come through...let's just calm down a bit. Not all frosh can do what those two did or can do. Keith is the real deal IMO!!

Last edited by waterhead; 11-14-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #75
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Keith is a f-ing stud. Keith is the real deal IMO!!
We've had a good run in getting a top tier recruit every year for a while now and you can see it's really paying off.

Caupain
Clark
Evans
Cumberland
Williams
Johnson?

And with the new arena and our top 10 success this year I think it's only going to continue.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #76
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Tre was all over the court. I would limit his dribbling to 1 time just like most of the bigs not named Clark or Washington. He is a great passer. I think I almost cried when he backed his man down on the block and then kicked it out for a 3 to Broome. He looked like Gary on that play. He's killing it in assists right now.

Keith is a f-ing stud. CoachPipe called it a long time ago. There is little to no dropoff when Williams is in the game. I was thinking hey...we just had Evans AND Cumberland come through...let's just calm down a bit. Not all frosh can do what those two did or can do. Keith is the real deal IMO!!
I am sorry RogerOH...I totally messed that up. You were the one calling for Keith as a legit baller. You were the one that was relentless on this subject.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #77
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I am sorry RogerOH...I totally messed that up. You were the one calling for Keith as a legit baller. You were the one that was relentless on this subject.
"Keith Williams will get the most minutes because he can come in for JC or JE and I don't think there will be any drop-off."

Any drop off? Are you kidding me? Evans and Cumberland? Potentially the prediction of the year by RogerOH. I remember thinking...sounds nice but WAY too much confidence in a frosh. We always think the frosh are going to be great.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #78
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"Keith Williams will get the most minutes because he can come in for JC or JE and I don't think there will be any drop-off."

Any drop off? Are you kidding me? Evans and Cumberland? Potentially the prediction of the year by RogerOH. I remember thinking...sounds nice but WAY too much confidence in a frosh. We always think the frosh are going to be great.
I think 2 games into the season against Cupcake U and Cupcake A&M may be too early to start validating any predictions.

We have what appears to be a good team that are deep, let's not get too far out over our skis.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #79
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
We've had a good run in getting a top tier recruit every year for a while now and you can see it's really paying off.

Caupain
Clark
Evans
Cumberland
Williams
Johnson?

And with the new arena and our top 10 success this year I think it's only going to continue.
Johnson? Who are you referring to?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #80
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I think 2 games into the season against Cupcake U and Cupcake A&M may be too early to start validating any predictions.

We have what appears to be a good team that are deep, let's not get too far out over our skis.
That's cool. Are you going to predict something different? I would rather you just say it instead of making ambiguous statements. Let's hear what you have to say about the team?