Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2018, 12:20 PM   #171
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
im not sure of the rules since he's already transferred once.
Dylan Ennis did it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #172
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
So you are hoping to play Oklahoma out west in the second round, or Kentucky. You think UC can beat either?
Yeah I think we would beat either. Unless we tried to win 55-54 vs Oklahoma and Young beat us by himself with our best scorers on the bench.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #173
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Coach mentioned that we are averaging 67 points per game in losses. Like it was a lot. That right there is exactly why I'm concerned. If that's what we're aiming for against good teams in the tournament, we're going home.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:56 PM   #174
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Coach mentioned that we are averaging 67 points per game in losses. Like it was a lot. That right there is exactly why I'm concerned. If that's what we're aiming for against good teams in the tournament, we're going home.
Can we get on board that Virginia might be the first one seed to ever lose, since defense means nothing in the tournmant apparently.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #175
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Can we get on board that Virginia might be the first one seed to ever lose, since defense means nothing in the tournmant apparently.
i think the argument you're gonna get here is the 2 very good offenses we've faced got us for 1.17 ppp.

virginia held duke and unc to .9 ppp
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #176
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
i think the argument you're gonna get here is the 2 very good offenses we've faced got us for 1.17 ppp.

Yeah at some point you will run into a team that is able to score on you. We don't seem prepared in any way to deal with that. That shouldn't be the case again. We couldn't deal with it in the past bc we didn't have the players. Now we do. But we refuse to play them together. Teams like Xavier, Wichita State, and Kansas have tweaked their lineups. They are gearing up for the stretch and playing the best guys. Malik Newman isn't perfect for Kansas. And he still isn't who Bill Self wants him to be. But it's the point in the season where you gotta just roll with the best guys and hope for the best. So he was inserted back into the starting lineup. We are on a 2 game losing streak and we have lost our 4 toughest games, and we can't make an adjustment to play our best players? That stubbornness kills us. The insisting that Jenifer, Brooks, and Nsoseme playing half the time at the 1 and 5 will give us different results in big games will be the death of us.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 PM   #177
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Another thing I wanted to ask about...

He said that NBA teams shoot 29% on their first attempt? And 42% on their second attempt? Is that right? That seems way too low.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #178
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
The argument around here is that we need to score more points. Cronin's argument is that we need to fix the issues that allow us to give up 1.17. Despite the narratives, we're still #5 in kenpom.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #179
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So our defense isn't good? Are we writing of Kenpom already, do we need better metrics now. I mean how many teams has Virginia played, are all their games at .9 or are you just picking two really good games for them.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #180
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
The argument around here is that we need to score more points. Cronin's argument is that we need to fix the issues that allow us to give up 1.17. Despite the narratives, we're still #5 in kenpom.

and it all comes down to we just have to play better and make a few more plays here and there.

i felt like we took close to wichita states best shot. it sucks to lose but when shamet is on like that, they are a great team.

we experimented a lot with iso'ing jake in the close games, maybe we learn to just trust the offense with 5 talented players.

all we can do is take what we've learned and move forward. if you find out maybe some things need tweaked, its better to find out now than in the tournament. we still have time to be who we need to be.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote