Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Last show is tonight.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #63
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Maybe the best raido show I have heard. Learned a lot really. Excited for next year.

I agree with scheduling, why should we have to give in and only accept away games. We have too much history and success to give into being a mid major playing any big game on the road.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:16 PM   #64
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Maybe the best raido show I have heard. Learned a lot really. Excited for next year.

I agree with scheduling, why should we have to give in and only accept away games. We have too much history and success to give into being a mid major playing any big game on the road.
Any links?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #65
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Any links?
http://700wlw.iheart.com/media/play/27704160/
Old 03-21-2017, 04:20 PM   #66
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:

I think the answer for the home and homes is to try with the Big East, top of the A-10, and top of the MVC if we can't get the Iowa State types.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #67
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

i see both sides of the scheduling thing. The truth is this program isn't what it once was. It's getting better and hopefully we get there but we've went to 1 sweet 16 in 15 years. We've won 1 regular season. Thats it, That's all we got to hang our hats on. Does he honestly think big teams are going to come here and play?

I think next year, if you can get a 1 time buy game at a Kansas or a team like that, and you think you have a chance to win it, you take it. You don't have a home court next year and you have the best team you may have ever had. I say go for it but like I said I see both sides. Not sure we could even get a game like that
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #68
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think the answer for the home and homes is to try with the Big East, top of the A-10, and top of the MVC if we can't get the Iowa State types.
I believe after the Butler game Mick said he will not be scheduling any BE teams in the future.

I think that you have to schedule some one year deals on away games. Per this year losses do not matter, it is better to play and lose to UCLA than play Tulane.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #69
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Totally disappointing. Take a chance. There is no way we can do any better an A 4 or 5 seed without taking a road game without them coming here. Next year OOC schedule may end up even worse than this year's. Someone said this yr it was ranked 36, not bad. But with our conference that isn't good enough. You open yourself up to getting underseeded or playing someone who was, or both : see UC vs UCLA. Too hard to win in the tourney consistently when needing to beat a high seed. Plus I like to be tested in the regular season. I know we have to play the RPI game, but Cane and others need to play against top talent in regular season to be ready for that intensity come March.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:05 AM   #70
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know when the first Mick Cronin radio show is?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote