ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Taking a Trip Down Memory Lane: Quotes from this year

in no particular order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
Who was the last guy that Mick considerably coached up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
It is. UC made a critical mistake with his contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I see better offense ran at my pickup games. You would think after them playing together they would figure out how to get open, but yet, during Mick's tenure here, they can not figure it out. Maybe Mick should go to any open gym and watch how 5 random guys can figure out how to score together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post
keep drinking the kool aid this team is terrible right now. Cash is quick with his hands but not even close to a good defender. Any guard in America can score over Cash, he is too small to stop anyone attacking the rim. Pitts continually scored over him. To quote the great Jim Mora, Tournament? Tournament? Are you really talking about the Tournament?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
My posts are no where near an overreaction. Their an accumulation of his 6 years here.

I have posted it since Mick was hired. Mick started to win me over last season. He follows it up with this debacle.

I have always stated Mick cant coach offense. Mick cant motivate. These two losses just back that up.

And im here win or lose. No hiding here. Not sure about that statement.

What positives in the past 5 years?
-Building back a program? ... is the program built back!? 1 NCAA tournament isnt a built program
-..?
-..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
I think at this point, Xavier fans would pay for his contract. Please, just stay!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but UC is NIT bound. (Unless you guys actually believe they can win 10 games in the Big East?). 9-9 doesn't cut it, not this year. (Especially with the miserable OOC UC had) Though, Big East is no where near normal so 10 wins is a possibility. Once again, Xavier is talking about seeds- UC is talking about which tournament they will be at. Seems to be the norm these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
How embarrassing, fire Mick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg5 View Post
Yeah, the coach must go! UC cant run a O for the life of them, cant make layups I understand bad shooting days but we have one every game! This was a chance too turn our season around and start playing Bearcat ball. As for the fight..... No class from UC or X, we get our butts kicked and we cant take it like a man? Who is leading these Kids? Not mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
Haha

What on earth?

This team sucks and to come on here and say I wonder what people will be saying if they make the tourny is completely off topic and girly. No one cares about the future, when you have to live in the present. This team blows
Quote:
You sign who you can sign? Good coaches sign good players, there is a reason why certain teams are always good.

FIRE MICK CRONIN
Quote:
That's why you go find the next up and coming great coach. Mick had a chance to prove he is that guy and he's clearly not. There are a lot of great coaches out there. Listening to you though you'd think our team is some kind of a joke. Thank God you're not the coach, your recruiting pitch is pretty weak. You are a joke of a fan.

Double Bye Top 4 finish in the BEast.

ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Well done
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The most BEast wins ever, top 4 finish, double bye, and the door closed on NCAA tournament discussion. Let's give credit to Mick and the players who could have folded early in the season but instead fought and clawed their way to be in this position. Yes, there were some let downs, but in the end the proof is in the pudding as they say. Great job Bearcats!! Your work isn't done but we're proud of what you've accomplished. It is funny how many disappear and wait for a moment to be critical. It is moments like these that all Bearcat fans should give credit where credit is due.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 03-04-2012 at 06:39 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Hahaha this is a great thread! Funny to see what we were thinking at the time. Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the ride
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Hahaha this is a great thread! Funny to see what we were thinking at the time. Sometimes you gotta just enjoy the ride
Good for you.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
This team has come a long way that is for sure. Glad to see it happen and I give the players and coaches credit.
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan81 View Post
This team has come a long way that is for sure. Glad to see it happen and I give the players and coaches credit.
I wonder if Brad Stephens is still an up and coming young coach after the 19 point whooping Valpo put on Butler yesterday?

Life without future NBA players on your team is not as good.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
You know what the best part is? When they struggle next year the same poster are going to post the same things again, completely ignoring 2 straight NCAA bids.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The team will be good again next year. I don't believe they'll struggle. Cash, Parker, Jackson, Mbodji, Kilpatrick, Guyn, Davis, Gaines and Sanders will be improved, Thomas and Ellis. You have 11 talented returnees This program is on firm footing guys.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I tend to agree with Jeff.

The program is on firm ground. However, each year will require certain guys to improve their games and become "impact" players.

Dixon made that jump from SO. to JR. year. Killa did that from RS year to RS-FR. year.

Will Shaq Thomas be able to give us 8-9ppg and 5-6 rebs? I hope so. Will JJ continue to improve his game? Will Jermaine improve ball-handling and quickness?

Will we get reliable, effective post play?

We do return 3 VERY important pieces...

PG Cash
G Killa
G Parker
F Shaq Thomas
F Cheik or JJ

Does anyone expect Ellis or Gaines to be "impact" players? I think they have a much better chance at becoming impact players in years 3-4.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote