Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #211
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
It's pretty much Obekpa or bust for UC. Everyone else is a backup plan, basically.
Moronic statement. Get this stuff out here...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #212
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
I am greedy but I would like three of them.. That frontcourt would be something along with the developing young guys who have not gotten much PT this year...
who would you be dumping to take all three in that case?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #213
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Troll
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #214
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
who would you be dumping to take all three in that case?
Good point. I would probably go with thr more althletic guys(Rubbles, and Obekpa). Although a true lunch pale inside guy would be great too... I have been impressed with the guys they have signed so I will leave it to the staff.. If they sign two of these guys UC will have an althletic group that blocks a lot of shots a la UCONN! I like it...
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #215
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
MY preference would be Obekpa and Mitchell or Rubles and Mitchell. I want a guy who can score with his back to the basket if need be.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #216
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan4life View Post
i cant wait to see what octavious ellis is going to do in his carrer i hear he has grown to almost 7 ft and is very impressive at practice
Ah the old "our red shirt guys" or "our transfer guys" are tearing it up in practice. . Think it is coach talk or motivation at times but isn't it amazing on how often you hear that the best player on the team is the one that can't play.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #217
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Why is that?

Rubles wants to commit, but Mick has other players he wants ahead of him.

They got in late on Mitchell. He wasn't an original target.

Same with Taylor. Taylor committed to Louisville, and has become a back burner type of recruit, in case Obekpa doesn't commit.

Obekpa is the main target. The others are backup plans. Although I'm sure they'd take Mitchell if he committed to them at this point. But I think the ACC and SEC schools are way ahead of UC on him.

Therefore, what I said is very, very true. It's Obekpa or bust.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #218
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Ah the old "our red shirt guys" or "our transfer guys" are tearing it up in practice. . Think it is coach talk or motivation at times but isn't it amazing on how often you hear that the best player on the team is the one that can't play.
Uh.........Kilpatrick redshirted, was labeled the "best player" but couldn't play, and made 2nd team All-Big East his first year of starting.

Same is being said about Shaquille Thomas being the best player on the team, but he is redshirting. If it is true, it will only make this team better next season.

What I wish would happen is that Gaines or Ellis would pull a Kenyon Martin, and make themselves into great players because they have the needed athleticism. I loved the UC days where a Bobby Brannen or Eric Hicks would suddenly emerge into a stud their junior or senior year.........same with Kenyon. We need these big men to develop badly.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #219
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
FWIW, Dan Hoard was the one that said Ellis would be a really good player in a few years, not Mick.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #220
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
If the Cats land some combination of Rubles,Obekpa and Mitchell to go along with Modj and Jackson who will certainly improve this front line will be scary good and deep. Add Ellis, Gaines to that group and the pratices and competition for playing time will be incredible. Thats what makes teams good the competition on the team for playing time. The wings will be deep as well. Thomas,Killa, Parker,Sanders (who people shouldn't write off) Davis. The PG's Gee and Cash should be better as well. MC is building a monster and he is doing it by recruiting and developing depth. Is it any wonder that Huggins was disappointed that he left to join Pitino. Huggins knew MC's value and so did Rick. In return MC learned from two of the best. We are fortunate to have him.
Closed Thread