Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #271
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
If Gaines ever puts it together offensively, the combination of him and JJ will be a nightmare for opponents. Possibly the most athletic low post UC has had in a long time if ever.

I really hope Obekpa chooses UC. UC will be scary down low, atleast on defense.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #272
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
If Gaines ever puts it together offensively, the combination of him and JJ will be a nightmare for opponents. Possibly the most athletic low post UC has had in a long time if ever.

I really hope Obekpa chooses UC. UC will be scary down low, atleast on defense.
Gaines, Mbodj, Jackson, Ellis is a thick front court already.

Not sure where Obekpa would fit with Jackson guaranteed to play, Ellis being a redshirt freshman, Mbodj having played a year, and Gaines being a part of the team for a season.

All four have varying levels of exposure to the program and may have a leg up on Obekpa if he does decide to COME TO UC.

Last edited by dbieon12; 03-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #273
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Ellis and Jackson are strictly 4s. Gaines and Mbodj strictly 5s.

Obekpa could slide into either, but he is more of a 5 at this point....at least what I've seen.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #274
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Ellis and Jackson are strictly 4s. Gaines and Mbodj strictly 5s.

Obekpa could slide into either, but he is more of a 5 at this point....at least what I've seen.
I agree with you. He is not as raw offensively as some think but he does need to improve in that area.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #275
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know when in April he will make his decision?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #276
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
I think it could come in late March. It'll be before signing day I believe.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #277
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
I think it could come in late March. It'll be before signing day I believe.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #278
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
Gaines, Mbodj, Jackson, Ellis is a thick front court already.

Not sure where Obekpa would fit with Jackson guaranteed to play, Ellis being a redshirt freshman, Mbodj having played a year, and Gaines being a part of the team for a season.

All four have varying levels of exposure to the program and may have a leg up on Obekpa if he does decide to COME TO UC.
where does obekpa get PT? shaq thomas is there next season along with ellis and the other guys on the bench now. i could be wrong but if obekpa doesnt choose to come to uc then mick brings no class of '12
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #279
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
where does obekpa get PT? shaq thomas is there next season along with ellis and the other guys on the bench now. i could be wrong but if obekpa doesnt choose to come to uc then mick brings no class of '12
Do you think Calipari worried about the minutes for Eloy Vargas when Jones decided to come back and Davis committed? You play your best players. Obekpa will be one of the two best, if not the best big on this team if he commits. If I didn't know better I'd think some of these posts are from UConn or Providence fans trying to negative recruit!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #280
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
Too many quality bigs would be an amazing problem to have. If the overall rotation could go 8-10 deep we'll run teams out the gym next year.

Jackson gets a lot of blocks from weak side help and hustle on opposing team's fastbreaks. Obekpa strikes me as a guy that patrols the lane and alters shots even if he doesn't block them.
Closed Thread