Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #51
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I could not be less worried.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #52
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
To AmberelyColonel:

Bob Huggins is never coming back, get over it.

Mick will win the National Championship at UC.

Huggins will never make the HOF. 0 National Championships and many moral issues.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #53
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
He isn't going anywhere ever.

It would take a ridiculous huge salary increase and all kinds of other promises.

But on the other hand, if one of the top 5 to 10 programs in the country came calling, he'd be crazy not to take it. Those programs practically recruit themselves. Factor in Mick's previous rep for recruiting, and he'd put together a top 5 to 10 team every year with the chance to win it all. And that's why he's a head coach..........he wants a national championship.

Never say never. But it will take a better school than Illinois to pry him away.
I don't think Mick will ever leave UC. This is his dream job, if he wins here the city will love him and he'll be treated like royalty. The only way he leaves is if he doesn't produce and gets fired.

Don't sell UC basketball short, Huggins turned down NBA offers and a chance to return to his Alma Matter to stay at UC and he didn't have the kind of roots to this city that Cronin does. This IS a destination job, not a stepping stone job. We are not Xavier and Mick is going nowhere.

As for this Mike Thomas thing who knows what to believe. I think the whole Mike and Mick didn't get along thing is nonsense but who knows. Bottom line, Mick isn't leaving.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #54
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I don't think Mick will ever leave UC. This is his dream job, if he wins here the city will love him and he'll be treated like royalty. The only way he leaves is if he doesn't produce and gets fired.

Don't sell UC basketball short, Huggins turned down NBA offers and a chance to return to his Alma Matter to stay at UC and he didn't have the kind of roots to this city that Cronin does. This IS a destination job, not a stepping stone job. We are not Xavier and Mick is going nowhere.

As for this Mike Thomas thing who knows what to believe. I think the whole Mike and Mick didn't get along thing is nonsense but who knows. Bottom line, Mick isn't leaving.
I wouldn't say Mike and Mick didn't get along as much as supposedly, Mike is a difficult guy to work for. It is widely known that Mike isn't a good fundraising AD and as I understand it, the coaches were expected to do more with much less than their peers. I believe there was strain as a result. Of course, I was not a fly on the wall to say for sure. Just piecing things I heard/read over the years together. While it will not change overnight, Whit was hired for his ability to raise money and try to bring UC's Athletic Department closer to the rest of those in the Big East.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #55
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Whether Mick and Mike get along is of no importance.

UC is Mick's dream job, the ultimate job for him, like Syracuse is to Boeheim.

As Mick put it, to him UC is the Boston Celtics.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #56
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I think the Mick to Illinois talk or the were going to miss out on top recurit stuff speaks to the city of Cincinnati sports fan mentality that we expect the worst even in good times. For some reason Xavier fans seem immuned to this, which makes them so utterly annoying sometimes.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #57
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Why are people even talking about Mick to Illinois? Not happening folks...
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #58
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
To AmberelyColonel:

Bob Huggins is never coming back, get over it.

Mick will win the National Championship at UC.

Huggins will never make the HOF. 0 National Championships and many moral issues.
I never stated a desire for Huggins to return you little troll. Spend more time creating your new ids and less time making up facts.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #59
Who Dey Time

Who Dey Time will become famous soon enough
John Groce has accepted the Illinois job. Presser most likely tomorrow.

Perhaps, the 2 or 3 staunch Mick haters that are left (we know who they are) will start up the Mick to Ohio U. rumors.
Who Dey Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #60
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
I am soooo glad MAC Thomas left UC, Cincinnati has a bright future with Whit Babcock.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote