Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
This is an April Fool's joke. It is Xavier adding another gangsta to the locker room. Just another instance showing that the Xavier basketball program is morally bankrupt.

This kid will never play college basketball. Rocks are smarter than this kid. He has been through 3 high schools and is going to some brainless JUCO. He will most probably never qualify academically to play.

What X has is nothing more than a verbal, he cannot sign until November. If somehow he becomes academically eligible and is any good one of the big boys will sweep in at the last moment and take him away.

Best guess is this kid goes from JUCO to the NBADL, college is not a place for him.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #12
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
This is an April Fool's joke. It is Xavier adding another gangsta to the locker room. Just another instance showing that the Xavier basketball program is morally bankrupt.

This kid will never play college basketball. Rocks are smarter than this kid. He has been through 3 high schools and is going to some brainless JUCO. He will most probably never qualify academically to play.

What X has is nothing more than a verbal, he cannot sign until November. If somehow he becomes academically eligible and is any good one of the big boys will sweep in at the last moment and take him away.

Best guess is this kid goes from JUCO to the NBADL, college is not a place for him.
This wont be an issue at X. Lets be honest.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
This wont be an issue at X. Lets be honest.
Actually, what Ralph probably means is that he'll never get through the NCAA clearinghouse. It is usually a nightmare when one attends multiple high schools because transcripts are needed from each school I believe. Won't be a quick decision, that is for sure. One big difference between this guy and Lance is that Lance was never a risk academically. Attended only one high school and easily qualified. He had enough other issues to raise questions though.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Fairly confident he didn't even get a HS diploma. Maybe a GED? I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think he actually "graduated" from a high school. 4-5 high schools then to JC?
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #15
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcat View Post
Xavier has now lost [3] of their [4] recruits from [2] years ago.
Something's not right over there...

Their 4 incoming recruits are all prep school guys who did not have the brains to get acceptable scores on the ACT/SAT tests. More gangstas in the locker room.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Fairly confident he didn't even get a HS diploma. Maybe a GED? I'm not 100% sure, but I do not think he actually "graduated" from a high school. 4-5 high schools then to JC?
If he does somehow qualify (maybe someone will take the ACT for him) you can be sure that Sister Rose will be able to get him to graduate magna cum laude from X.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
s

i wouldn be suprised if x ends up getting sanctions for recruiting at some point
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Their 4 incoming recruits are all prep school guys who did not have the brains to get acceptable scores on the ACT/SAT tests. More gangstas in the locker room.
Ralph, you must hate Sean Kilpatrick. How did Mick let that idiot on campus?

(I don't think Kilpatrick is an idiot, just mocking Ralph)
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Any highly rated recruit considering Xavier is just looking for an easy road in the A-10. Frankly, I have less respect for top rated players going to the mid-major conferences and bypassing the top 6 conferences. The only reason I'd give them a pass is if it's their home town school and they always dreamed to play for it, or it's family related. Otherwise, I consider it a cop out and a wuss move.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
What if your goal is to get to the NBA or to play in the NCAA tournament? X has more NBA players than a lot of big 6 schools and quite a bit more tournament success.

If i remember correctly, UC did pretty well in Conference USA.

On a separate note, it looks like this guy is coming to X next year. We go from Frease to Matt Stainbrook. How does UC not have anyone this ogre looking?

http://www.hustlebelt.com/2011/12/31...-gets-duked-on

Last edited by more cowbell; 04-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote