Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Kilpatrick and the NBA

Will Sean stay in the draft?

"I went back and forth on Kilpatrick, but I really think it would be best for him to stay at Cincinnati for another year?
If he continues his development at his current pace, I see no reason why he won't be a lottery pick next year.

After he averaged 14.3 points this year, I could see him averaging 18 to 20 next year for the Bearcats.

Most of his game is strong, but he still has a little work needed on defense, as NBA players are faster in the frontcourt than he's accustomed to in the college game."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...the-nba/page/4
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
He won't be a lottery pick, but if he remains in school there is a solid chance Kilpatrick will get drafted in the late first/early second after his senior year. However, given his age, I think he will leave after next season.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Stay in the draft? Did he enter? SK would not get drafted and right now isn't even close to having the ball handling skills, passing ability, and defensive ability to make it in the NBA. And while he is a good outside threat, 37% or so isn't a deadly shooter. Not to pile on but he also doesn't have elite athleticism.

I love SK and think he'll get better each year, but he fits the mold of a solid four year player, and there isn't anything wrong with that.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I guess I hadn't really considered him leaving next year. That would really hurt us losing Cash, Parker, and SK. I can see him going second round next year if he has a solid year, but I think his offensive game is a little too streaky and he is too slow on defense currently. That all could change though. This is one of those difficult situations as a fan where you have to balance wanting a player to have an outstanding year and realizing that that could lead to losing him early.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
We all love SK. He is great. He will go down as an all time bearcat.

He is never going to be an NBA player. His ball handling and rebounding are no where close.

If he is told he could be drafted this year he should do it. Besides a jump shot what attributes say NBA?

Last edited by Thegreatone; 04-04-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Kilpatrick is not getting drafted this year and there's no way he'll be a lottery pick...ever...

That's not a knock on SK at all. He's a very good college player right now and could be great. But the NBA is a completely different universe compared to college. He's got some major issues he needs to work on just like the greatone said.

He can't create his own shot consistently, his lateral quickness wouldn't be able to guard NBA guards, he hasn't consistently shown a mid range game, and his ball handling skills are not where they would need to be.
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I don't know about "ever be an NBA player."

There are far worse players that have made it, and much better that couldn't stick.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I don't know why people are ripping on SK and his game right now. He has two more years if he wants to refine his game before going to the league. He made tremendous strides from his red shirt year to his freshman year and subsequently to his sophomore year. With his work ethic, there is no reason to think that he can't make another big jump.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #9
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
I don't know about "ever be an NBA player."

There are far worse players that have made it, and much better that couldn't stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I don't know why people are ripping on SK and his game right now. He has two more years if he wants to refine his game before going to the league. He made tremendous strides from his red shirt year to his freshman year and subsequently to his sophomore year. With his work ethic, there is no reason to think that he can't make another big jump.
Its my fault for the way I wrote it. I meant "He'll never be a lottery pick". To be a lottery pick you pretty much have to be an athletic freak of nature...He could definitely be drafted, just not in this years draft imo..It'd be in the future.

Sorry for the confusion. I like his game a lot and he could be a 1st round pick if he develops

Last edited by User Name:; 04-05-2012 at 12:00 AM.
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Oh it all makes sense, it is a Bleacher Report Article. No sense in even clicking on the article, let alone taking what it has to say seriously.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote