Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #1081
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
When Mick took over there were five seniors that had graduated from the previous year's team (Armein Kirkland, James White, Eric Hicks, Chad Moore, Jihad Muhammad) and four or five returning players, of which only two--Devan Downey and Cedric McGowan--were even remotely worth a damn. As far as I can recall, the only one who actually left was Downey--understandably so when you consider that due to mishandling the Huggins firing they missed an entire recruiting cycle and the team was going to be hot garbage no matter what anyone did at that point.

By contrast, Brannen inherited an intact and very talented roster that could have potentially won the AAC next year, and would have been a shoo in to make the tournament. More than half of that team is now gone.

These are not the same thing.
Moving forward Cronin left on his own and we have a new coach that I will support . When we hired Huggins from Akron, many of us did not know what to think. Just give the man a chance
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #1082
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
When Mick took over there were five seniors that had graduated from the previous year's team (Armein Kirkland, James White, Eric Hicks, Chad Moore, Jihad Muhammad) and four or five returning players, of which only two--Devan Downey and Cedric McGowan--were even remotely worth a damn. As far as I can recall, the only one who actually left was Downey--understandably so when you consider that due to mishandling the Huggins firing they missed an entire recruiting cycle and the team was going to be hot garbage no matter what anyone did at that point.

By contrast, Brannen inherited an intact and very talented roster that could have potentially won the AAC next year, and would have been a shoo in to make the tournament. More than half of that team is now gone.

These are not the same thing.
You cats spin it anyway you want Brannen has apparently kept more. Mick was 0 for 2 in keeping players worth a crap and Downey was worth more to a team than fredricks, nsoseme, Brooks, and Johnson combined. We lost almost a full team of crappers of which combined for under fifteen points. UC fans should be rejoicing at any change. The last regime had thirteen years and accomplished very little. Please come back with something better than 9 straight tourney apps, highly overrated feat. I know only a few teams have done it and they all won a game when they got there.

Last edited by HongKongPhooey; 05-19-2019 at 04:02 PM.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #1083
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
What ?

I can stop making everything negative as long as some people on this board stop making it seems like JB is Jesus Christ. I mean if we signed a literally walking talking and breathing turd with arms and legs, people on this board would say... well I trust JB and I think he will be good and then will compare him to Cronin recruits.

I mean people are acting like Davenport is the next Jacob Evans. And Chris Vogt is a towering beast of a man that will save our program.

you're straight trolling. nobody has been saying those things.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #1084
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
you're straight trolling. nobody has been saying those things.
Exactly. He makes up weird arguments to just argue for some reason.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #1085
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey View Post
What am I missing ,who cares who stays who leaves. When Mick took over the whole team left. Mick must suck he couldn't recruit any of those guys to stay except for the naia transfer. He came from a crap school too. You love Mick who went through same crap. Somehow Brannen has compromised the program. You jumpers need to stay off when the program far exceeds the one Sweet Sixteen appearance in 13 years. You Mick die hards seem to have forgotten the past. I'll take a chance on any coach to get out of the Marvin Lewisesque run of mediocrity we've been dealing with the last 13 years.
Bro love or hate him Bob Huggins is going to the Hall, has been to two elite eights at least since leaving here. Mick was an assistant under that man as well as another hall of famer Ricky patino. Same guy who recruited Melvin Levett, Steve Logan, damarr Johnson, Kenny Satterfield... Among others. Use broader thought you can't judge a season based off postseason results. The man won 65% of his games n LMFAO show Marvin some respect the man coached under Mike brown... N brought the Bengals back to relevance. You type of fans are fans for a reason just emotional, near sighted and in need of ppl to draw it up for you to understand. You probably started watching UC hoops after the Huggins era, and if not shame on you, for your out of touch with reality, and reality is as of right now, Brannen has done a horrible job and is in over his head. Those Memphis recuits are gonna run us out the gym, and those Houston cougars are gonna snack our cookies easy. Rebuild in the AAC is asking for a ten year decline thank you Mike bohn
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #1086
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1518 View Post
This x 100! Thank you!!
Lol and you agreed with that post? Who are you ppl?.. Xavier trolls? One would think so
Old 05-19-2019, 08:51 PM   #1087
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Huge difference between being strong and tough.

Rehfedt will make him strong but no one can make him tough
Word
Old 05-19-2019, 08:58 PM   #1088
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey View Post
Cronin sucked at developing players his best players were the same guys as freshman and Juniors and Seniors. Their numbers went up because their minutes went up. Marginal improvements in efficient at best, with many actually decreasing. Brannen took over a team that wasn't a full member of d1 until his second year and made nit once NCAA twice won conference twice and conference tourney twice in the first three years of his school being a full member of d1. He coached a player to a top 50 per last year, the guy Vogt backed up, no Bearcat had a top 100 per. He has essentially accomplished in three years what Mick did in thirteen years at a much more difficult place to do it. You should sign up for bruintalk with the rest of the jumpers.
And sucked at developing players really? Cumberland improved, Sean Kilpatrick, Justin Jackson had a hell of a senior yr, Brooks was improving, Gary Clark made the league, Jacob Evans made the league, Justin Jenifer had a very solid senior yr. Loved Rashad Bishop, even Troy cuapain out work in from where he was recuirted the guys at least in the league... Once again not saying Cronin is some savant but he was honestly looking like a defensive mark few more recently
Old 05-19-2019, 09:03 PM   #1089
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Moving forward Cronin left on his own and we have a new coach that I will support . When we hired Huggins from Akron, many of us did not know what to think. Just give the man a chance
And pls pls stop comparing these hires. Just on the surface Huggins and Cronin at least had personality and an attitude which is possibly why the could get some kind of toughness and talent in here. So far I can see this brannnen guy is boring, tall and awkward looking no patino our Calapari swag, guess we gotta wait and see if there is any coach K genius and grit but if he had any ounce of great coach potential I wouldn't think we would be looking at a NKU coaching staff and such roster depletion
Old 05-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #1090
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
And pls pls stop comparing these hires. Just on the surface Huggins and Cronin at least had personality and an attitude which is possibly why the could get some kind of toughness and talent in here. So far I can see this brannnen guy is boring, tall and awkward looking no patino our Calapari swag, guess we gotta wait and see if there is any coach K genius and grit but if he had any ounce of great coach potential I wouldn't think we would be looking at a NKU coaching staff and such roster depletion
never compared any of our past coaches with anyone. This guy is the coach now, know nothing about him. I will give him a chance to see what he can do. But with Penny coaching in this league moving forward do not think anyone has a chance to out coach him.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote