Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #551
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
[quote=bearcat jeff;60330]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1213 View Post
Hopefully what you said on SK and Lawrence are true. But I'm with you our biggest question next year is PG. I don't really trust Guyn. I hoping Caupain can come in and contribute right away at PG.[/QUOTE

Guards:
Davis, Guyn, Morman, Caupain, Johnson, SK

G/F:
Sanders, Thomas (I expect them and Morman to fill a role like Parker does)

Forwards:
Rubles, Lawrence, Jackson (Rubles and Lawrence could play the 3)

Center:
Gaines, Nyarsuk, Strickland (I think Strickland will be a good low post scorer in time)

This is a very athletic team with multiple parts and pieces to interchange. I hope Davis or Guyn are good enough to start at pg and Caupain or Johnson can play 12-15 minutes a game. The team will be young and talented and very athletic. If SK leaves who emerges as a leader? PG and leadership is what everyone needs to look at. They will be the key to next season.
Jeff it seems when the national press talks about our recruits they constantly mention Johnson as a PG and Caupain as a SG but on these forums it is reversed. Any feeling on who is better suited for the point?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #552
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Do you mean they haven't currently? Or ever? UC made the FF in '92 and EE in '93...
Not to mention 5 consecutive final 4's in the late 50's early 60's with 3 Nat. champ appearances and 2 national titles....sheesh!
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #553
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
[quote=ME80;60332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post

Jeff it seems when the national press talks about our recruits they constantly mention Johnson as a PG and Caupain as a SG but on these forums it is reversed. Any feeling on who is better suited for the point?
I think they see Johnson as a pg because of his size an quickness. I think Caupain will be more college ready and he is a good distributor so that is why I mention him here more. KJ has the skill set to play point and many people think he will be an impact player because of his physical gifts. I think either of them could play both.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #554
adhdfan

adhdfan is on a distinguished road
A St. John's forum was saying they cannot believe Lawerence chose a program on the decline. Didn't UC just almost beat Syracuse at Syracuse? How far did St. John's go in the tournament last year? Oh, wait... This is a program on the rise, especially with players like this. I have read a lot of great things about Strickland, and I know Mick is high on Maupin.. I guess I just don't see the decline part. If UC gets the right matchups in March, we could be looking at a legit elite eight team.. Decline? Huh?
adhdfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #555
biggygz73

biggygz73 is on a distinguished road
Jermaine Lawrence has picked UC!!!!
biggygz73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #556
Doodie

Doodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdfan View Post
A St. John's forum was saying they cannot believe Lawerence chose a program on the decline. Didn't UC just almost beat Syracuse at Syracuse? How far did St. John's go in the tournament last year? Oh, wait... This is a program on the rise, especially with players like this. I have read a lot of great things about Strickland, and I know Mick is high on Maupin.. I guess I just don't see the decline part. If UC gets the right matchups in March, we could be looking at a legit elite eight team.. Decline? Huh?
When St John's landed obekpa last year a lot of people talked bad about st Johns. Don't read too much into it. They just lost a hometown kid to cincy. They will get over it.
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #557
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggygz73 View Post
Jermaine Lawrence has picked UC!!!!
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! I smell another great year next year! Guyn can suck all he wants, but we still will have this guy, SK, Jackson, Big David, JD3 will still only be a sophomore, the future is bright, Bearcat fans! Can't wait to go to Deveroes now! Like I said, I love this year's team, but next year could definitely be even better, especially if Strickland has real post moves and Lawrence does well.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #558
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Two weeks from now: "Just getting word now via telegram, the Bearcats have landed Lawrence!" -Bill Koch
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #559
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
I felt like a kid on Chrismas morning today. What a great job done by Savino and Cronin. Hopefully this gives us momentum in the recruiting game moving forward. I also wonder if/when other univerisites will start to look at Savino as possible HC candidate. He deserves it and he is a great coach.

The question now is who out of the 5 recruits and current roster is the odd man out?

Incoming:KJ, TC, JS, DM. JL

Departing:AE, CW, JP, CM

Returning:
GG, JDIII, SK, KG, JJ, JS, ST, TR
Old 02-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #560
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
today....today is a great day!
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote