Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #1231
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Yeah I think Davenport develops into a solid starter and possibly a star. I'm thinking more of the guys we've been recruiting, but final judgement won't be until we actually start signing guys.

I'd say Vogt, Sorrola and Iorio are all career backup/role player types. Vogt could be an exception because he is from NKU and Sorolla because he is just a one year place-holder. But if we get Sorolla and Iorio it's starting to look like a trend. But who knows maybe we will get Coleman and another athletic guy and the trend looks completely different. Still early to really make judgements, but it's basketball dead season so I've got nothing better to do then look for trends in very small data sets.
the only thing I would say is Sorolla and Iorio are just one year guys so I don't mind that. That really isn't establishing an identity. I like Scrubb, Madsen, T Williams, D Johnson, Wilcher, etc. Davenport is already on board. But if we can land 2-3 of these other guys I could start to see a plan come together. Maybe Saunders can develop a consistent shot under the right coach.

Obvioulsy if we get the Cumberlands it's only a one year deal as well. We have to replace them in 2020. We have a lot of guards we need to get this year and next.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #1232
waterhead
Senior Moderator

One other thing to consider is the late grad transfer in the portal. Guys who finish up late who we don't even know about yet. There may not be as much competition for them with other teams filling out their roster already. We could see something nice land in our lap just because we were late to the game. I definitely want to hold at least one scholly to see what pops up. If nothing pops up we can use it in 2020.

I think we are at 8 roster spots now. Cumberland is 9 (please). Another Cumberland would be 10 (pretty please). A PG and a transfer C is 12.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:58 PM   #1233
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
One other thing to consider is the late grad transfer in the portal. Guys who finish up late who we don't even know about yet. There may not be as much competition for them with other teams filling out their roster already. We could see something nice land in our lap just because we were late to the game. I definitely want to hold at least one scholly to see what pops up. If nothing pops up we can use it in 2020.

I think we are at 8 roster spots now. Cumberland is 9 (please). Another Cumberland would be 10 (pretty please). A PG and a transfer C is 12.
JC is coming back this is coming from a very very very reliable source.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #1234
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
Hope it’s true
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #1235
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why tho?
More freedom to be themselves with new coach. Both would start on next year team.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:31 PM   #1236
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
More freedom to be themselves with new coach. Both would start on next year team.
Incorrect
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #1237
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
A source you can’t identify? Can you hint? On the team, on staff, family, friend, etc?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #1238
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A source you can’t identify? Can you hint? On the team, on staff, family, friend, etc?
My mom said he was gonna stay a month ago and she’s never steered me wrong before
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #1239
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just sleep well tonight knowing all is well in Bearcat land. I know that I will.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:03 PM   #1240
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The bible is my source. Word is.. He will come back sometime in early april and they will call it easter sunday.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote