Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #661
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
Have you actually seen KJ play? Calling him an average role player is ignorant. I think I'll trust the ESPN guy that said KJ is one of the most versatile players in the country:

"K.J. is one of the more athletic guards in the country. He is explosive and can play either guard spot. Johnson should be impactful at the next level with his ability to score from all three levels on the court."
Yes, multiple times, just my opinion, Im not impressed. It has been a little while, maybe he got a lot better? I find players like Strickland and Caupain more interesting to make an immediate impact, whereas Johnson fits more of the long term project mold. He has tons of speed and is a good slasher, but his jumper is just okay. I think it will take him awhile to adjust, so I think he is more of a Guyn/JD3.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #662
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Yes, multiple times, just my opinion, Im not impressed. It has been a little while, maybe he got a lot better? I find players like Strickland and Caupain more interesting to make an immediate impact, whereas Johnson fits more of the long term project mold. He has tons of speed and is a good slasher, but his jumper is just okay. I think it will take him awhile to adjust, so I think he is more of a Guyn/JD3.
Meh. I know it was only one video I saw of KJ, but his floor vision was very impressive. Good passer and good court vision.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #663
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
Obviously people haven't watched videos of the guards play that are out there in actual games. Its getting old hearing people assume who is great and who isn't. To be honest by some of the comments I dont think some people have even seen highlights on some of the kids but still act like they know how each one plays and make comments. So here actually take some time out and watch them play and stop assuming Caupain is the man and Morman is a question mark. They all can play and will play a lot different with a better team around them and when the games mean more.

Raw talent Morman leads them with all around game he's the most athletic and best on both sides of the ball plus has a toughness about him

KJ handles the ball the best and is the quickest and is very smooth 2nd most athletic but seems timid at times

Caupain is really good at getting to the basket through traffic and has a quick first step. He's good at getting fouled or finishing at the rim. Not as athletic and fast as the other two guards though.

All can make open shots. All have the ability to play next year stop counting people out or claiming to know this person is going to play over that one. And for goodness sake watch the videos and know what your talking about before claiming you know how someone is. Claiming Strickland is diamond in the rough or going to make the most impact is just pointless to say bc there is absolutely NO video on the kid after full recovery from injury. Sorry for the rant just bothers me people claim to know when you can tell they haven't even looked at video to see somewhat the kids games.

Morman

http://youtu.be/T2eFWE4FIu4

http://youtu.be/ecpw35U7MRI

http://youtu.be/2VdiAL9i3uY

Caupain

culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #664
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
ya i've already seen all of those like 6 months ago, if anyone knows how to use youtube you can type in a players name and all of those videos will come up........

I think all of the guards we recruited are going to be good, I think defensively they are all pretty equal, they are just as athletic as one another, KJ and Morman seem to have a better shot than caupain may have, but caupain has a nack for getting to the rim and finishing strong and drawing contact. He is also in my opinion the best rebounder out of all of them. Therefore I think they are all good players, I just believe caupain is most likely out of all of them to play the point, maybe KJ will play the point as well I really don't know what mick has in store for them, however I believe he is going to make one of them into a pure pg and one of them into a combo guard, and the fact that KJ is a better shooter makes me believe Caupain will be the Point.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #665
mdchick
Epic Member

that would suck if SK went pro morman didn't qualify and someone transferred because they thought they wern't going to get much playing time.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #666
culverrd

They all show up except the Morman videos you have to search his HS team that he is playing on now. I figured if anyone has looked for Caupain they could see those. But figured the Morman ones might be some people hadn't seen. But I agree they all can play I honestly don't think we will have a straight pure pg they all have run the point in High school. We don't really run set plays its more of a run and gun style get it up the court as fast as possible whoever gets the ball. Once we get across half court its a motion style offense where there is a lot of freedom. The more well rounded of players you get the less need of a true point guard at least in our style of offense. We are not going to be a typical this is your point guard this is your shooting guard this is your PF team. We really aren't that now. Rubles brings the ball up sometimes along with Park and SK. All have a chance to see minutes all can pass shoot and create off the dribble.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #667
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
that would suck if SK went pro morman didn't qualify and someone transferred because they thought they wern't going to get much playing time.
That would have to be the biggest communication error ever and I would cry haha
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #668
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
They all show up except the Morman videos you have to search his HS team that he is playing on now. I figured if anyone has looked for Caupain they could see those. But figured the Morman ones might be some people hadn't seen. But I agree they all can play I honestly don't think we will have a straight pure pg they all have run the point in High school. We don't really run set plays its more of a run and gun style get it up the court as fast as possible whoever gets the ball. Once we get across half court its a motion style offense where there is a lot of freedom. The more well rounded of players you get the less need of a true point guard at least in our style of offense. We are not going to be a typical this is your point guard this is your shooting guard this is your PF team. We really aren't that now. Rubles brings the ball up sometimes along with Park and SK. All have a chance to see minutes all can pass shoot and create off the dribble.

Yah I agree,

I think cronin is trying to do what you are saying, I guess I would just like to have as many guys on the court as possible that can drive the ball into the rim and attack the boards, and thats what caupain does, it looks like caupain is the strongest, KJ is the best ball handler, and Morman is the best defender and they are all pretty good shooters, I really think this is mick's best recruiting class since he's been here
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #669
culverrd

Def the best class he has had so far! All of these kids are pretty well rounded players with high basketball I.Q. which in the past we have not gotten a lot of. All the guards along with Lawrence can dribble drive pass shoot and create their own offense if needed also seem to rebound the ball well. All that does is put more weapons on the court and makes us way tougher to guard. They are going to be fun to watch and the offense will get way more fluid with the additions. If they can keep the defense up to what we are used to seeing (which Mick wont allow it to drop) along with the guys offense ability They are going to be scary good! I also think with Mick pushing the defense to these guys I can see some of them being extremely good defenders as well!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #670
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Obviously people haven't watched videos of the guards play that are out there in actual games. Its getting old hearing people assume who is great and who isn't. To be honest by some of the comments I dont think some people have even seen highlights on some of the kids but still act like they know how each one plays and make comments. So here actually take some time out and watch them play and stop assuming Caupain is the man and Morman is a question mark. They all can play and will play a lot different with a better team around them and when the games mean more.

Raw talent Morman leads them with all around game he's the most athletic and best on both sides of the ball plus has a toughness about him

KJ handles the ball the best and is the quickest and is very smooth 2nd most athletic but seems timid at times

Caupain is really good at getting to the basket through traffic and has a quick first step. He's good at getting fouled or finishing at the rim. Not as athletic and fast as the other two guards though.

All can make open shots. All have the ability to play next year stop counting people out or claiming to know this person is going to play over that one. And for goodness sake watch the videos and know what your talking about before claiming you know how someone is. Claiming Strickland is diamond in the rough or going to make the most impact is just pointless to say bc there is absolutely NO video on the kid after full recovery from injury. Sorry for the rant just bothers me people claim to know when you can tell they haven't even looked at video to see somewhat the kids games.

Morman

http://youtu.be/T2eFWE4FIu4

http://youtu.be/ecpw35U7MRI

http://youtu.be/2VdiAL9i3uY

Caupain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRY_C...UPlhLz3Taa3Pgb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16fa4...UPlhLz3Taa3Pgb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1sP...UPlhLz3Taa3Pgb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZjrI...UPlhLz3Taa3Pgb

There is video on Strickland, look under his thread. 6'9 240-you can't teach size, and he is a former 4-star recruit. From his videos, you can see he has good post moves. He is still recovering from an ACL tear, but the potential is there.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote