Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #41
cincinnati insanity

cincinnati insanity is on a distinguished road
I really believe you take the best possible prospect unless you absolutely need a big man. I think as long as the big man is worthy of the scholarship then you take him. If its a player that is not up to par and your just handing out the scholarship for a big body, then you must take the best possible player available. we are not going to get two stud big men in here so lets get Myles Davis in here and just focus on the best big man prospect that we can possibly land. Davis and Amir Williams are the two players that i would like to get the most. Nemanja to me seems like a project who happens to be physically mature. To sum things up get the best possible player that you can get! regardless of position.
cincinnati insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #42
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Sorry, but they have to get at least one big man, maybe two. If you can't get two big men then you save the scholarship for the following year or hold it for possibly a decommittment in the spring.

Look at who is going to be UC's big men next year. What happens if Yancy has a break out year and goes to the NBA?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #43
cincinnati insanity

Your right if there is not a player worth scholarship then wait until the next year, but if you have the chance to get a very good SG or PG you take the chance and use the ship on them. From all accounts of what i hear Justin Jackson will be able to step in his 2nd year and start. so that leaves really one big man spot left. If Yancey stays then its his, if not then we will need a big unless Gaines impresses that much and takes the starting spot. You cant tell me if Teague de commmits we shouldnt use a scholarship for him. We definately need a big or two but if you have a shot at landing a very good player at a different position then you would be stupid not to get them. Myles Davis is a pure shooter that can really bust a zone if he wants to come here then let him and be choosey with the left over scholarship.
POTENTIAL STARTING LINEUP 2011-12
PG-CASH WRIGHT
SG-SEAN KILPATRICK OR JERMAINE SANDERS
SF-SHQ THOMAS
PF-JUSTIN JACKSON
C-YANCEY GATES OR ??? WHOEVER THE SCHOLARSHIP GOES TO

Last edited by cincinnati insanity; 09-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #44
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
cash-parker-kilpatrick will all be playing together in the starting 5 before thomas or sanders breaks into it at the 1-3 spots.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #45
cincinnati insanity

im sure they will but my whole point was i think its best to recruit the best player possible unless you absolutely have to have a big guy. We can use one scholarship on a big guy and be completely fine. Thomas will play as a freshman because he can shoot and his athleticism is off the chart. If we wanted to go small then yes we could play kilpatrick at SF but i think he needs to be at the SG spot. Who knows they way Mick throws the kids around they will all start one time or another!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #46
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati insanity View Post
im sure they will but my whole point was i think its best to recruit the best player possible unless you absolutely have to have a big guy. We can use one scholarship on a big guy and be completely fine. Thomas will play as a freshman because he can shoot and his athleticism is off the chart. If we wanted to go small then yes we could play kilpatrick at SF but i think he needs to be at the SG spot. Who knows they way Mick throws the kids around they will all start one time or another!
I always picture you yelling your sentences at the computer because of the !!!!!!!!! Any truth to the rumor?
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #47
cincinnati insanity

If walls could talk then you would know why i call myself cincinnati insanity LOL. Sometimes i really do get a little heated because no matter what i say someone comes back at it almost like they just read half and had to comment. I know this is a forum but when i write something its my personal opinion and not fact. This does not mean when i write something it is completely true but its just how i feel. and yes when i put a ! point im trying to get my point across!
You dont have to agree with what i say just remember its an opinion im not trying to prove that i have concrete info. Take whatever people say with a grain of salt. K back to UC what a wonderful class its shaping up to be and have i told you all that i cant wait for the season opener. I also have been saying for the last couple days to jump off the Carter bandwagon and go with Myles Davis and a good Big post player.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #48
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
AdamZagoria UCLA, in its search for a lead guard, has offered Brewster Academy guard Elijah Carter on New Jersey. He may visit there soon.
11 minutes ago
From Twitter
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #49
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
AdamZagoria UCLA, in its search for a lead guard, has offered Brewster Academy guard Elijah Carter on New Jersey. He may visit there soon.
11 minutes ago
From Twitter

didn't carter eliminate us a while ago, anyways?
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #50
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
didn't carter eliminate us a while ago, anyways?
I think we walked away but regardless we are not recruiting him any longer. I just saw an interesting post and figured I would post it.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote