Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-28-2019, 09:15 AM   #161
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Once again if we can land 2 quality bigs Mason hadn’t affected anything. If Gilliam can’t play we can add either another big or a guard and Mason still will have yet to affect anything. It’s only if we have the option of adding more than that will he affect the situation. And if we get into future years where we have to turn down 4 or 5 star recruits will Mason have hurt our chances. I don’t think by your own logic do you see that situation ever coming up and I really don’t either.
Its all a moot point if we land Traynor this week

Its down to UC and Ville and he is announcing this week.

If we get him, then I feel much better about the class.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #162
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Its all a moot point if we land Traynor this week

Its down to UC and Ville and he is announcing this week.

If we get him, then I feel much better about the class.
He is going to UL. Its pretty much been confirmed with Evan Daniels Crystal Ball
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:16 AM   #163
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
He is going to UL. Its pretty much been confirmed with Evan Daniels Crystal Ball
Yea I saw.

So we need to start identifying some back up options. Option 1 is gone, option 2 is still available but far from done, and option 3 seems like an Iowa lean.
That’s all we have in the pipeline.

If we don’t land Eason, do we just punt and try to get 2 grad transfers ?
Old 10-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #164
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea I saw.

So we need to start identifying some back up options. Option 1 is gone, option 2 is still available but far from done, and option 3 seems like an Iowa lean.

i think in general the grad transfer game is something far more likely to happen under Brannen.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #165
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea I saw.

This is just my opinion which means nothing, but I dont see us landing Eason either. Hard sell to bring a west coast guy to the midwest
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #166
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
This is just my opinion which means nothing, but I dont see us landing Eason either. Hard sell to bring a west coast guy to the midwest

also tough to get a kentucky kid away from Louisville when his dad went there.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:45 PM   #167
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
The grad transfer game is a very risky game. You don't know who's going to be available and don't have long to recruit them. Just like top bigs are generally the hardest guys to recruit (fewer of them and thus more competition). Grad transfer bigs are hot commodities. I'd prefer we get a JUCO or transfer over a grad tranfer, so at least we get a couple of years from the guy. Though obviously a freshman big would be best.

I believe we still have other guys we are looking at. Nigel John is apparently one guy we are interested in.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:10 PM   #168
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Legit chance we roll into the early signing period with just 2 bigs on the roster for next season.

Will need to work some late cycle magic to reel in talent that carries our future.

I’m still holding out hope for Eason.

May need to look at trying to nab a high level recruiter, maybe take another stab at pettway
Old 10-28-2019, 02:01 PM   #169
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think in general the grad transfer game is something far more likely to happen under Brannen.
I think he has said he prefers high school kids. Grad transfers are a good way to get quality bigs at this level.

Traynor would be a major get but it’s not looking good. His dad went there. We can provide more playing time though. Really depends on what the kid wants.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #170
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yea I saw.

I think we just need to let it play out honestly. But I would prefer a transfer over a 300 or 400 ranked big. Most of the bigs in the 200-300 range probably aren't very good either. Hell I remember Biggie Mclain was ranked pretty high...obviously the rank can be very deceiving. He could barely walk and chew gum and looked like a new born baby deer on stilts.

I think we can do better than Vogt and Sorolla if we can start working the transfer market right away. But...BUT...maybe we can get Eason or JJ etc. I would wait until spring if we can't get either of those guys unless something really decent pops up.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote