Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #71
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
DDJ? You realize DeJoulius is one word, right?

I think the waivers are pretty inconsistent, but it's inevitable that eventually they'll be allowed without question. Really surprised the committee recommended not enacting the change right now. Still could happen.

I was very surprised Vogt got his. We sure needed him last season.
David Dejulius is 2 words.

Really seems like more players get waivers than players that get denied. He also has a better case than most players, (coaching change). I would say 70-30 it gets approved
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #72
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
David Dejulius is 2 words.

Really seems like more players get waivers than players that get denied. He also has a better case than most players, (coaching change). I would say 70-30 it gets approved
He's not getting a waiver because of a coaching change because he already played for the current coach. If he gets a waiver it will likely be Covid-19 related. I would think lawsuits will eventually make it more probable.

DaVid DeJulius is 4 words...LOL
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #73
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He's not getting a waiver because of a coaching change because he already played for the current coach. If he gets a waiver it will likely be Covid-19 related. I would think lawsuits will eventually make it more probable.

I heard the coaching change was one of the main reasons He wou get a waiver. He tried to play under the new coach and wasn’t a fan. It’s still a coach he did not choose
Old 06-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #74
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

Isn’t he from Michigan? The COVID thing wouldn’t even make sense. He’d be moving further away from home
Old 06-17-2020, 01:47 AM   #75
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering if Lakhin will red shirt just to make certain his English language is proficient enough to work within the college level classes.

Lots of European countries teach students English, but I read in Russia it's about 11% of people who actually speak it with much fluency. He might actually be in that group, due to international travel for basketball tournaments.

We'll find out in the next couple months. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with getting a student visa.

A good excuse for working on grades, getting stronger within the system, and not worrying about getting on the floor. I guess Brannen could add him in the lineup if an injury issue comes up.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:20 AM   #76
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Isn’t he from Michigan? The COVID thing wouldn’t even make sense. He’d be moving further away from home
I am talking about the idea that no transfer would have to sit out a year due to Covid. I don't know where that stands right now...
Old 06-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #77
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I am talking about the idea that no transfer would have to sit out a year due to Covid. I don't know where that stands right now...
I thought that wasn’t happening. Could be wrong but I thought I heard that
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #78
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I thought that wasn’t happening. Could be wrong but I thought I heard that
I think you are correct although any type of appeal or legal action could change that and I would expect to see a number of lawsuits. But I could also be wrong on that. If just one transfer appeals and wins...the rest would know they can likely adjust their status by doing the same and then the rule would probably change.