Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
Maybe we'll hear about a commitment soon? That would be great news. I think the assistant is Darrin Savino.
Yes the assistant is Savino. Carter has to be a serious target if Mick had an in-home visit and a visit to his school all in one week. Carter would be a solid addition.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #22
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Visiting October 1st per RT @BrewsterHoops. Truly believe a Sanders commit could really impact this.

Elijah Carter (6’2″ Sr. PG-SG, Paterson (NJ)) will get time at both guard spots. More of a scorer than a point guard, he had his moments on the day where he showed he can put points on the board although he needs to get stronger. He’ll probably back up Tharpe from time to time at the point.

http://www.hoopville.com/2010/09/15/...-talent-again/

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 09-22-2010 at 07:45 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #23
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Hey Jeff do you think that we will definately take a PG?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Hey Jeff do you think that we will definately take a PG?
Carter is not a true point guard, but fits the mold at that position that Mick likes. He is a scorer. He is much more of a combo guard, much like Guyn. I disagree with many on this subject. I don't feel they "have" to land a pg. Wright and Parker are here for 2 more seasons after this one.

In my opinion they have another year to land a true point. Mick is attempting to fill the roster with players that can play mutiple positions, who are athletic and can score. Sanders is more crafty than athletic but could play the 2 or 3 and can flat out score.

I believe they are trying to fill the roster with quality depth at the guard position. Carter will not start at point for Brewster. He will play sg and back up some at the point. The positive thing is, that should they sign Carter, him or Guyn will be able to learn the point for 2 seasons before having to be pressed into that role. Carter would be a nice addition to this class and they would like to land him. I think it'll come down to us and Seton Hall who was in to evaluate Carter. He also has a visit to Charlotte coming up in a few days.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #25
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
@EliCart3r has Clemson on campus today to evaluate and meet with him. Eli will visit Charlotte this weekend and Cincinnati next weekend.

From BrewsterHoops on Twitter
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The 6-2 Carter, now at Brewster (N.H.) Academy, will trip to Cincinnati next weekend after visiting Charlotte this weekend.

“I’m building a good relationship witt Coach Cronin and Coach [Darren] Savino,” he said recently. “They came in and let me know how everything was.”

Carter also lists Seton Hall, Clemson and Oregon State in his top five.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/09/24/s...ti/#more-39997
Old 09-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #27
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

EliCart3r On my Official visit to Charlotte and im Loving It out here!..D&F

http://twitter.com/adamzagoria
Old 09-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Oregon State will be visiting Eli on Thursday.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #29
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
WOW, this is very confusing...

According to Carter, UC is not recruiting him anymore. I'm disappointed by this news as I really like Carter and his game. Wonder what Mick has up his sleeve.

https://twitter.com/EliCart3r

Chad, Jeff, Any insight on this situation as he was supposed to visit this weekend and was our top PG priority?

Last edited by bearcat18; 09-29-2010 at 08:36 PM.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Good news?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote