Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Yes we'll be a young team next year, but I am excited to have some talented post players that actually know how to play the game. I am thankful for what Mbodj and Nyarsuk brought defensively but we are going to have some legitimate big men with Strickland (So.), DeBerry (Jr.), Moore and Clark. We'll also have Lawrence back at 6'9 playing small forward and most likely taking over the socring role with no SK and JJ.

SR: 2
JR: 3
SO: 5
FR: 3
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
Yes we'll be a young team next year, but I am excited to have some talented post players that actually know how to play the game. I am thankful for what Mbodj and Nyarsuk brought defensively but we are going to have some legitimate big men with Strickland (So.), DeBerry (Jr.), Moore and Clark. We'll also have Lawrence back at 6'9 playing small forward and most likely taking over the socring role with no SK and JJ.

That's a little off if things stay as they currently are:

Seniors (2):

-Sanders
-Guyn

Juniors (3):

-Shaq
-JDIII
-DeBerry

Sophomores (4):

-Morman
-Johnson
-Caupain
-Lawrence

Freshman (3):

-Moore
-Clark
-Strickland

That leaves one open scholarship that could fit anywhere into the classes depending on where the player filling it comes from.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:

ya i got to be honest, none of those big men excite me, maybe moore, but you never know how physical they can be against better competition, Deberry looks like he has the best body for a big man and clark is more of a small forward and he will be really good for sure but he wont play the 5. Strickland didn't impress me at all in summer league.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
ya i got to be honest, none of those big men excite me, maybe moore, but you never know how physical they can be against better competition, Deberry looks like he has the best body for a big man and clark is more of a small forward and he will be really good for sure but he wont play the 5. Strickland didn't impress me at all in summer league.
Strickland only played one summer league game. He was a very good scorer in high school and prep school, and he put on a lot of weight between his injuries. He has lost a lot of weight since he became a bearcat, and while I don't think he will ever be really athletic, he looks like he is coordinated and could prove to be a good scorer down on the block, which we are sorely missing right now. It's too early to judge him either way.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Not bad balance of the classes but I'd like to see that so. and sr. class more in line.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #26
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
That's a little off if things stay as they currently are:

Seniors (2):

-Sanders
-Guyn

Juniors (3):

-Shaq
-JDIII
-DeBerry

Sophomores (4):

-Morman
-Johnson
-Caupain
-Lawrence

Freshman (3):

-Moore
-Clark
-Strickland

That leaves one open scholarship that could fit anywhere into the classes depending on where the player filling it comes from.
We haven't even played a game yet, so he might not be redshirted. Hence me counting him as a sophomore ...
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #27
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We haven't even played a game yet, so he might not be redshirted. Hence me counting him as a sophomore ...
Yeah, he might not, but things aren't looking up on that front.

As it stands he has yet to be cleared and will be redshirted which is why I said "if things stay as they currently are".
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax View Post
Yeah, he might not, but things aren't looking up on that front.

As it stands he has yet to be cleared and will be redshirted which is why I said "if things stay as they currently are".
Yeah you're right. I really hope he plays. I am a beer half full kind if guy so if he plays he helps us this year and he gets a year of experience to help for next year. If he redshirts we do have Dave and JJ so it might be a wasted year as far as playing time goes. We'll find out soon I guess
Old 11-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I love how a top 15 Center and the 23rd ranked, athletic PF Gary Clark does not impress us any more. We have come along way since 6'6 John Williamson from Cincy State...
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I love how a top 15 Center and the 23rd ranked, athletic PF Gary Clark does not impress us any more. We have come along way since 6'6 John Williamson from Cincy State...
... Wouldn't mind having J-Will this year.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote