Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
It's weird, I actually two days ago had the thought that Davis would transfer to Ball State. It makes perfect sense and right now he could probably get a hardship waiver to do it. And even if he did have to sit out the rest of this year and not play, it's not like he was going to see the court anyway. He just doesn't seem happy and while I know he's going through stuff with his family, I find it odd that he has been missing multiple practices and missed the trip to Albuquerque. I know everybody deals with stuff in their own way and maybe he just needs to be with his family, which is completely understandable. Through adversity you find out your true priorities in life and right now UC basketball is not one of them. And I by no means mean to judge him and I'm sure some will take my post the wrong way, but when Nyarsuk's father died, he clung to the team for family. Granted he really didn't have the option to zip back and forth home like Davis does, but you see it all the time when players go through tragedies and they are right there on the court because that is what they know and that is their escape. I'm guessing the fact that Davis isn't happy here is why his escape is away from the team. I won't pretend to know what is going on in his head and for all we know a transfer might have been in the works before the fire.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
I agree with webvipeso
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #23
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
I agree with webvipeso
He makes some strong points, but in my opinion, B?n mu?n tang doanh s represents everything that is wrong with college basketball. If you're going to dang ký hoÃ*n toÃ*n mi?n phÃ*, at least have the decency to chua tìm du?c gi?i pháp first.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #24
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
He makes some strong points, but in my opinion, B?n mu?n tang doanh s represents everything that is wrong with college basketball. If you're going to dang ký hoÃ*n toÃ*n mi?n phÃ*, at least have the decency to chua tìm du?c gi?i pháp first.
True true ...
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #25
Basketball.com
Banned

Basketball.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Not saying you're incorrect because i have no idea, and it would probably make sense for JD3, but, you're the same guy who swore for weeks that Kevin Johnson was the PG this year and for the future. So you can't blame anyone when we take it with a grain of salt.

I was just stating a fact about the transfer, now weather you believed me or not I can tell you that I could care less if you did, so f$$$$kin what. I never said that Kevin Johnson would start at the PG, I said he was in the race for it. I'm looking at my threads right now, find it and post it. What I said about the transfer was true so leave it at that.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball.com View Post
I was just stating a fact about the transfer, now weather you believed me or not I can tell you that I could care less if you did, so f$$$$kin what. I never said that Kevin Johnson would start at the PG, I said he was in the race for it. I'm looking at my threads right now, find it and post it. What I said about the transfer was true so leave it at that.
Mick Cronin said there’s a chance that guard Jeremiah Davis III might not return to the team. Davis, whose family was forced from its Muncie, Ind., home by a fire three weeks ago, did not make the trip to New Mexico last Saturday, choosing instead to go home to be with his family.

“I’m still talking to him,” Cronin said. “He’s contemplating a lot right now. He’s mulling some things over. It’s a tough time.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/...medium=twitter
Old 12-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Mick Cronin said there’s a chance that guard Jeremiah Davis III might not return to the team. Davis, whose family was forced from its Muncie, Ind., home by a fire three weeks ago, did not make the trip to New Mexico last Saturday, choosing instead to go home to be with his family.

“I’m still talking to him,” Cronin said. “He’s contemplating a lot right now. He’s mulling some things over. It’s a tough time.”

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/...medium=twitter
Like I said earlier in the thread, there is a good chance he is leaving, but nothing is final yet...
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #28
Basketball.com
Banned

Basketball.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Like I said earlier in the thread, there is a good chance he is leaving, but nothing is final yet...
Yes it is final, it's all about the media perception, you have to do it the right way but it is final.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #29
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball.com View Post
Yes it is final, it's all about the media perception, you have to do it the right way but it is final.
Now it is final. There were a few things going on behind the scenes that might have kept him here through the next semester to graduate, but he decided he needed to go home as soon as possible. Given the situation, his choice is totally understandable...
Old 12-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #30
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Now it is final. There were a few things going on behind the scenes that might have kept him here through the next semester to graduate, but he decided he needed to go home as soon as possible. Given the situation, his choice is totally understandable...
basketball.com > Chad Brendel
Closed Thread