Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Who know what dodgers will do after the trade they could trade Guerrero or Ramirez but this makes perfect since for reds.
Only if the Dodgers eat a sizable portion of the Kemp deal. With his injury history the Reds cant afford to pay over 100 Million to another player with Votto already on the books and so many of the young players do a significant raise in the upcoming years. Guerrero has played in 0 major and minor league games. His trade value is minimal. Once again makes no sense at all from the Dodgers point of view and only makes sense for the reds if the Dodgers take on a huge portion of Kemp's contract.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #22
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Only if the Dodgers eat a sizable portion of the Kemp deal. With his injury history the Reds cant afford to pay over 100 Million to another player with Votto already on the books and so many of the young players do a significant raise in the upcoming years. Guerrero has played in 0 major and minor league games. His trade value is minimal. Once again makes no sense at all from the Dodgers point of view and only makes sense for the reds if the Dodgers take on a huge portion of Kemp's contract.
The Reds have been trying to trade Phillips to sign Choo for 100 million so if you trade Phillips 50 million and trade Bailey who was inline to get a 100 million ext. then you look at Kemp's 100 million and Dodgers will eat 30 to 40 of it I guess Kemp don't look to bad after all and Arroyo will be resigned to take Baileys spot.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #23
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The Reds blew the situation by making so desperately known that they want to trade Phillips, basically lost ALL leverage by doing this.

Are they interested in Choo? If I had to choose one, I would take him over Phillips.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #24
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Baseball is dumb.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #25
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
So Bearcatboy you are the @seeheartell from Twitter huh? Count me in the group that would be stunned if this were true but i'll give you credit if it is.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #26
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Baseball is dumb.
At least it is real, unlike the NBA.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #27
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
The Reds blew the situation by making so desperately known that they want to trade Phillips, basically lost ALL leverage by doing this.

Are they interested in Choo? If I had to choose one, I would take him over Phillips.
If they traded Phillips, the chances for Choo coming back increase.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #28
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Bearcat boy, I think this one has been kicked around. I think Bailey getting traded is a no brainer as well especially if they can't resign him. Also think that is why they are negotiating with Bronson. Phillips is history here as well. It's only a matter of finding the best deal. You don't insult the hand that feeds you. Bob C wants him gone. The dodgers want to move Kemp who has burned his bridges in Dodger clubhouse. As strange as it may sound this could happen.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #29
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Matt Kemp would hit so many HR's in Great American small park if he was to stay healthy.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #30
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Okay here's the deal the Dodgers will receive Phillips and Bailey and are working on ext. Bailey right now and the Reds will get Kemp and 18 million from Dodgers to cover some of Kemp 100 million. Will be official and announced by 8pm.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote