Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'12 IN SF DeJuan Marrero (Committed to Depaul)

2012 SF: DeJuan Marrero
6'5" 200lbs
Gary, Indiana
Bowman Academy
AAU: Spiece Indy Heat

Offer: Yes.
Other offers: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Purdue, Valparaiso

Bowman Academy's DeJuan Marrero, one of the state's top sophomore prospects, was impressive in front of several college coaches Tuesday at Howe.

Marrero had 12 points, 16 rebounds and six blocked shots in the Class A top-ranked Eagles' 89-72 win over Broad Ripple.

Marrero has offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio State, Purdue and Valparaiso, but said he is putting that aside during the season and probably won't make a commitment until he is a senior.

"Rebounding and blocking shots is probably the best part of my game now," Marrero said. "I still need to work on ballhandling and scoring, but I also try to get my teammates involved when I don't have my shot."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...pays-dividends

Marrero has already received scholarship offers from Valparaiso, Cincinnati, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State and Illinois, and he's looking attending five schools -- the four Big Ten schools and Kentucky.
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...impresses.html
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote