Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #21
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Totally disagree about no guards in 2012. Dixon will be gone and Cash will be a senior. In my opinion SK will not be here beyond his junior season at latest. I believe Sanders will be more of a 3 than a 2.

By signing a juco big you will have him, Gaines, Jackson and Ellis back after next season. Having 4 returnees makes it entirely possible to sign only 1 big in '12.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Totally disagree about no guards in 2012. Dixon will be gone and Cash will be a senior. In my opinion SK will not be here beyond his junior season at latest. I believe Sanders will be more of a 3 than a 2.

By signing a juco big you will have him, Gaines, Jackson and Ellis back after next season. Having 4 returnees makes it entirely possible to sign only 1 big in '12.
Where is SK going? Certainly not to the NBA. No disrespect to him but he is going to be a 4 year player.

UC has two schollies for 2012. If they somehow sign two big men for 2011 I think they'd take a guard in 2012. If not they will take two big men unless they just can't get two big men.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #23
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Where is SK going? Certainly not to the NBA. No disrespect to him but he is going to be a 4 year player.

UC has two schollies for 2012. If they somehow sign two big men for 2011 I think they'd take a guard in 2012. If not they will take two big men unless they just can't get two big men.
SK is a 21 year old freshman- you have to take that into consideration. the older you are- the more your stock drops. i don't expect him here beyond his junior year. if he stays all four years- a 24 year old with maxed out potential entering the NBA has a lot less value to teams drafting these days a 19 year who is untapped.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
SK is a 21 year old freshman- you have to take that into consideration. the older you are- the more your stock drops. i don't expect him here beyond his junior year. if he stays all four years- a 24 year old with maxed out potential entering the NBA has a lot less value to teams drafting these days a 19 year who is untapped.
the NBA isn't out seeking 6'3 SG's that can't dunk. I like SK, a lot. But his game isn't really suited for the NBA, especially if he left early.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #25
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
the NBA isn't out seeking 6'3 SG's that can't dunk. I like SK, a lot. But his game isn't really suited for the NBA, especially if he left early.
the nba also isn't looking for 6'8" power forwards who are primarily block players- but every year one of them goes in the top 15.

anyways, just because he leaves early doesnt mean he will be a top 15 pick. regardless, if you can play yourself up to a certain level nationally, you can sneak into the first round.

also 2010- avery bradley, a 6'3" SG went top 19 last year, dominique jones who has identical measurables to kilpatrick- went 25.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Good debate! Time will tell. The NBA isn't the only option. I think there is a "possibility" SK is three and done. His game does fit Europe and a good player can make some nice cash overseas. I think his age will be a factor as well in future decisions. Let's not forget that he had game rust this season from sitting a year and because he hadn't been thru a full college season fatigue takes a toll. Bottom line they aren't looking at all these guards just for the helluva it. There is interest in bringing another guard on board. It all comes down to combinations and numbers and who is available when it's time to pull the trigger.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 04-01-2011 at 09:01 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #27
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
the nba also isn't looking for 6'8" power forwards who are primarily block players- but every year one of them goes in the top 15.

anyways, just because he leaves early doesnt mean he will be a top 15 pick. regardless, if you can play yourself up to a certain level nationally, you can sneak into the first round.

also 2010- avery bradley, a 6'3" SG went top 19 last year, dominique jones who has identical measurables to kilpatrick- went 25.
Please tell me you aren't comparing Bradley and Jones to Kilpatrick? Jones was taller, stronger, better with the ball, and was a freak athlete. Tell me what SK does right now that leads you to believe he will go early? He has an inconsistent jump shot, is an average passer, not a good ball handler, not athletic, not a very good defender...The guy had a good freshman year in college, but let's not get out of hand with this.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #28
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Please tell me you aren't comparing Bradley and Jones to Kilpatrick? Jones was taller, stronger, better with the ball, and was a freak athlete. Tell me what SK does right now that leads you to believe he will go early? He has an inconsistent jump shot, is an average passer, not a good ball handler, not athletic, not a very good defender...The guy had a good freshman year in college, but let's not get out of hand with this.
Don't forget you are comparing a freshman in SK to Dominique Jones as an upper classman. Big difference. Let's see what happens next year and go from there. It only takes one big breakout year to get you drafted. Just look at Kenyon as an example. He had a good junior year but then became a National player of the year as a senior. I am not saying SK will ever get to that level but he could put together a junior year that is impressive enough to get drafted in the first round. There is a lot of time between now and then.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Don't forget you are comparing a freshman in SK to Dominique Jones as an upper classman. Big difference. Let's see what happens next year and go from there. It only takes one big breakout year to get you drafted. Just look at Kenyon as an example. He had a good junior year but then became a National player of the year as a senior. I am not saying SK will ever get to that level but he could put together a junior year that is impressive enough to get drafted in the first round. There is a lot of time between now and then.
I'm not one who threw it out there that SK will likely be here only 3 years, so I agree, let's way and see before making those statements (I really don't care since it is just your opinion, but the "Let's wait and see" should be applied to the first statement, not mine).

Comparing him to Kenyon and even D. Jones is useless, they aren't remotely the same players. I guess we could say Eppensteiner (sp?) could leave early too.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I'm not one who threw it out there that SK will likely be here only 3 years, so I agree, let's way and see before making those statements (I really don't care since it is just your opinion, but the "Let's wait and see" should be applied to the first statement, not mine).

Comparing him to Kenyon and even D. Jones is useless, they aren't remotely the same players. I guess we could say Eppensteiner (sp?) could leave early too.
I wasn't comparing his style of play to Kenyon's (obviously) just that after Kenyon's freshman or even sophomore year, you could have made a lot of money taking a bet that he would be a first round pick. I get that people are citing his age as a reason, but unless SK is a first round pick, I don't see him going to the NBA early and I don't see him going to Europe until his eligibility is used up and the NBA is out of the picture. SK could have a Kemba Walker like Junior year and go pro after it. It's not out of the question. We'll have to see how he progresses in the next couple of years. The coaching staff is always going to recruit over every position they have. Just because you may not need a guard doesn't mean you won't take one if a big time player becomes available.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote