Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'13 NJ SF Jason Boswell (Offer)

Small forward
Elizabeth, New Jersey
St. Patrick
AAU: Long Island Lightning
Ht:6'6"
Wt:185 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Cincinnati is showing a lot of interest in this kid. His other suitors are inpressive: St Johns, Villanova, Siena, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Michigan State, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona, USF, Miami, Michigan, Oklahoma, Iowa, Arkansas, DePaul, Cincinnati, and Washington, Pitt, Rutgers, Houston, George Mason and Virginia Tech.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Per Alex Kline:

Cincinnati has offered Jason Boswell, a 6'6 sophomore from St. Patrick's (NJ), a scholarship.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Visited Syracuse and plans to visit Virginia Tech soon.

Another of the top players in the Class of 2013 in New Jersey is St. Patrick’s of Elizabeth (NJ) forward Jason Boswell. The New York City native took his own unofficial visit to a Big East school last weekend as he visited Syracuse for their Midnight Madness festivities.

“It was great,” Boswell told NBE by text earlier this week. “The highlight was hanging with the players and the fans during Midnight Madness.”

Boswell, one of the NBE Post-Summer Class of 2013 Names to Know has picked up quite a following of top programs already on the recruiting trail. The 6-foot-6 versatile forward has racked up several new offers since the summer AAU period.

“Rutgers, Seton Hall, Houston, Pitt, Cincinnati, George Mason [and] Virginia Tech [have offered], said Boswell. “But I have a lot of high interest [from schools].”

Boswell also indicated he might visit Virginia Tech soon.

http://www.bearcattalk.com/showthrea...1964#post21964

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 10-30-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jason Boswell, one of the top prospects in the Class of 2013, could decide on a school as early as next summer.

“Maybe by the summer of my sophomore year, beginning of my junior year,” the 6-foot-7, 176-pound Boswell said Tuesday.

Boswell, one of several young stars at Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick, cited the NCAA’s proposals to eliminate July men’s basketball recruiting in 2012 as a reason why he might commit early.
“Just to get the process over with,” he said. “The new rule about the NCAA, how they might not be able to recruit you in the summer of 2012, so I’m trying to get it over with.”

Boswell holds offers from Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, Cincinnati, Houston, Iowa State and Hosftra. He has visited Syracuse, St. John’s and Seton Hall unofficially.

“[I have] no favorites,” he said. “I like to keep my options open.

As for what he’ll bring to a school, Boswell said, “I’m a very versatile player. I like to get people involved but I can score the ball.”

During current Duke freshman Kyrie Irving’s senior year, St. Patrick was banned from the New Jersey state tournament in 2010, but Boswell said Kentucky-bound wing Michael Gilchrist and the Celtics want to win the New Jersey Tournament of Champions and earn a No. 1 national ranking this year.

“We’re looking to win the states this year and be the No. 1 ranked team because I don’t think we’ve been No. 1,” he said.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/03/s...ly/#more-41984
Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

2013 star Jason Boswell of St. Patrick's (NJ) will not make an early college decision and is currently wide open in his process.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop
Old 01-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jason Boswell of St Patrick (NJ) lists Syracuse, Pitt, Cincinnati, Seton Hall & Virginia Tech in this video interview -

http://bit.ly/dY7pnk
Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Per the RecruitScoop:

Houston, Rutgers, Dayton, Cincinnati & Miami (FL) all spoke with 2013 wing Jason Boswell of the Long Island Lightning (NY).
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

When St. Patrick (NJ) head coach Kevin Boyle decided to leave the program in order to coach at Montverde (FL), instead, the program took a big hit and numerous players were not sure whether they would return.

Jason Boswell, a 2013 6-foot-6 wing from New York, has decided to transfer out of the prestigous Elizabeth program. “I have agreed to attend Trinity Catholic High School in Stamford, Connecticut in September 2011,” he stated. “Trinity Catholic has a strong academic program, which offers great basketball opportunities.”

The New York native, who runs with the Long Island Lighting on the AAU circuit, said travel time was a big factor. “My commute will be significantly reduced to approximately 30 minutes as opposed to the 2 hours traveled each day to Elizabeth,” he said.

As Boswell heads to play for coach Mike Walsh, it leaves the question of whether or not St. Patrick standout rising sophomore Dakari Johnson will stay or not. As Boswell did not play much, coming off the bench during games, the rising junior was expected to receive more playing time with the graduation of Michael Gilchrist, Derrick Gordon and Chris Martin.

The 2013 guard/forward is currently hearing from Cincinnati, Xavier, Houston, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John’s, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, Miami (FL), Dayton, George Mason, Syracuse, Villanova and others.

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/jason...inity-catholic
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
2013 St. Patrick small forward Jason Boswell will transfer to Trinity (Conn.) Catholic this fall, a source with knowledge told SNY.tv
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Jason Boswell, a 6-foot-6, 188-pound small forward from the Bronx, was at St. Patrick's (NJ) the past two years. The class of 2013 prospect will be heading to Trinity Catholic (CT) next year, though. Apparently playing through an injury at camp, Boswell was up and down, not really finding his groove in the games we saw, but he has great length and is one to keep an eye on.

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1238908