Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 10-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'12 Oh PF Elijah Macon

Power forward
Columbus, Ohio
Marion Franklin
AAU: All-Ohio Red
Ht:6'7"
Wt:200 lbs
Class:2012 (High School)

Top 50 player in the class of 2012. Would be a huge get for the Bearcats.

Strengths:
Elijah is a long and athletic post with terrific mobility and agility. He runs the floor very well, changes direction effortlessly, and can get his head on the rim. He is effective in transition, beating most bigs rim to rim and running and finishing in stride and has pretty good hands to catch and finish in traffic either off of dribble penetration or by going to the glass. His skill set is evolving and now includes a soft touch to 15 feet or the ability to face up and give a single bounce. He secures rebounds above traffic, blocks a fair amount of shots, and has a high defensive upside thanks to his size, length, and mobility.

Weaknesses:
Macon needs more muscle mass in order to play through contact against a high level of competition and also needs to be a little more physically aggressive inside. He will be tentative to go into contact at times, tries to out-jump people on the glass instead of blocking out, and isn't quite as good of a shot blocker as he should be. He also needs to learn to play hard on every possession as his motor can be inconsistent at times. Offensively, he has a tendency to drift to the perimeter too often and must be able to score the ball from the low post in a half-court game.

Bottom Line:
Macon is a physically gifted player with a soft touch but he needs to get stronger and a little nastier inside before he can put his wide variety of tools to their best use.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...3/elijah-macon
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Elijah Macon made waves last spring when he backed off his commitment to West Virginia. However, little has been heard from the 6-foot-8 Marion-Franklin (Ohio) product since then.

When we caught up with him back at the Boo Williams EYBL, Macon said he just wanted to “see what else is out there.”

Now, the junior forward has seen the other options and is going through his recruitment for a second time.

Cincinnati, Tennessee, Marquette and Dayton are currently pursuing him, as well as the school from which he decommitted, West Virginia.

Macon said West Virginia, Cincinnati and Tennessee are coming at him the hardest.

“I’m going to make a top-five after this season,” he said.

Macon recently took an unofficial visit to Xavier. “It was alright,” he said. “I just walked around campus with the coaches and my mom.”

He might take an unofficial visit to Tennessee next week.

“[I’m looking for] a team that likes to run non-stop and just a good environment,” Macon said.

Although the season is young, Macon has been doing his best to keep his name out there.

In front of coaches from West Virginia and Cincinnati, he put up 19 points and 11 rebounds in his first game, followed by a 20-point, 12-rebound performance in his second outing.

“I bring energy,” Macon said. “Once I get going I think I’m unstoppable

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010...uiting-update/
Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The Bearcats love this kid:

Cincinnati & Tennessee are the latest schools involved with 2012 Marion Franklin (OH) star Elijah Macon

@EMacon45.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Attended the WVU game last night. Hope he saw how much he could help the frontline.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Former West Virginia commit Elijah Macon '12 of Marion Franklin (OH) will narrow his school list down to five at season's end.

http://twitter.com/therecruitscoop
Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I'm gona make ma college decision at my banquet !! It's official#45
about 3 hours ago via Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/EMacon45

Little video action:

Feb 6th game:
The Marion-Franklin Red Devils traveled out to the suburb of Reynoldsburg and escaped with a 71-68 in overtime.

Elijah Macon scored 30 points total in the game, five in the overtime session to improve the Red Devils record to 12-5.

http://megasportsnews.com/?p=13998

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 02-08-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
This is an important one for UC... Mick really needs to find a way to lock Elijah Down.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Beast.

Would be a very good number 4 and has the skills to play the 5
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Beast.

Would be a very good number 4 and has the skills to play the 5
any word on when the banquet is and how legit of a shot we have?
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I believe there is high interest both ways. In my opinion Mick needs to go after Elijah like he did Jermaine Sanders. Make sure he knows that he is your priority. The kid is the total package.