Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
12 MD G/F Quentin Judd

Good prospect with good size at 6'4" 185 lbs.

TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline
Quentin Judd '12 lists Maryland, George Mason, Nova, Cincinnati, Morgan St, Towson, Washington, Iona, Minnesota, USF & DePaul #HGJamFest

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 07-16-2011 at 08:22 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Few months old but decent read on him:

Forest Park's Quentin Judd has options

For his first two years of high school, Quentin Judd relied on pickup games and AAU competition to satisfy his basketball fix.

The 6-foot-4, 185-pound shooting guard started his high school career in western Baltimore County at Florence Bertell Academy, which didn’t have a basketball program. A chance meeting with Greate White -- who was then coaching at Walbrook -- changed Judd’s basketball fortunes.

“Actually, I was looking at Anton Waters,” White recalled. “I went to see Anton Waters, they played on the same AAU team (Team Melo). I went up to him and wound up landing him. Quentin Judd came in second.”

Judd and Waters headed to Walbrook for their junior and sophomore seasons, respectively. Then White got the coaching job at Forest Park, and both players were on the move again.

For Judd, transferring to Forest Park for his senior year was an easy decision.

“I felt as though it was a way for me to start off something new,” Judd said. “They talk about Dunbar. I felt as though I could start something on the west side with Forest Park.”

At Walbrook, Judd was the second-leading scorer. With the Foresters, he took his game to another level, scoring a team-best 20 points per game and earning a reputation as one of the city’s most athletic prospects.

“His role for my team was he was my go-to guy,” White said. “He was my focal point. He did everything for the team. It was a pleasure coaching him at times. At times, it was frustrating because you see how much talent he had [and he doesn’t always realize] how much talent he has. Sometimes, he’s on cruise control. There are ups and downs -- but more ups than downs.”

Judd keyed a 13-game turnaround for Forest Park (17-6), which fell to Northwestern in the Baltimore City Division II title game.

“I feel as though I did alright -- could have been better in big games,” Judd said. “We practiced hard, worked hard, played defense. And we had good coaching. That’s it.”

Judd started receiving Division I interest late in his junior year at Walbrook, and garnered more attention from schools based on his play with Team Melo last summer. White said that several programs are interested in Judd.

“Iona University is fully committed to [offering] him, but he hasn’t committed to Iona,” White said. “They offered him at the Milford Mill game. University of Washington is very interested. George Mason has made an offer. Virginia Tech is very interested. UNC-Wilmington is very interested. Florida Gulf Coast is very interested.”

Judd’s recruitment probably won’t end anytime soon. After playing this summer for Cecil Kirk’s 17-and-under team, Judd will head to prep school for a post-grad year. He said he’s considering Arlington Country Day in Jacksonville, Fla., IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., and MACK Academy in Charlotte, N.C.

“I think it’s going to be beneficial for me down the road,” Judd said of doing a fifth year.

White called Judd “a gym rat” who plays ball and works out seven days a week for three or four hours at a time. How far basketball takes Judd ultimately depends on him, but White is optimistic that his star player is up to the challenge.

“The ceiling for him is he can go as far as he wants – just don’t let any hurdles get in his way,” White said. “He will be his biggest hurdle to get over. That’s just doing the right things, continuing to do the right things. If he continues to do the right things, he could be making money in the next couple of years playing basketball.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ntin_judd.html
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote