Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'12 FL SF Carlos Morris

Appears he has decommitted from S. Carolina. UC was recruiting him before. They were part of his final list.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline RT 3starmeyer : 2012 Arlington Country Day (FL) duo Ian Baker & Carlos Morris have decommitted from South Carolina.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
catsfan4life

catsfan4life is an unknown quantity at this point
I would love to see uc get this guy. He plays at the same highschool that Justin Jackson and Kelvin Gaines did so I am sure they are all over him becoming a cat. He is a decent sized shooting guard or small forward at 6-5 and can shoot pretty well but needs to develop a little.
catsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan4life View Post
I would love to see uc get this guy. He plays at the same highschool that Justin Jackson and Kelvin Gaines did so I am sure they are all over him becoming a cat. He is a decent sized shooting guard or small forward at 6-5 and can shoot pretty well but needs to develop a little.
Yep. Sounds like a Mick Cronin recruit.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
catsfan4life

catsfan4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Yep. Sounds like a Mick Cronin recruit.
how often do you find an incoming freshman that has all of the skills he needs to be an instant all american... very little

lance stephenson didnt even have all of the skills to be Great and he was a 5 star and the number 11 recruit in the country, he got drafted but still didnt have the 3pt shot or great defensive ability

the guys who posess all of these skills go to UK, Kansas, Ohio State, Duke, UNC and then the nba the following year as a lottery pick
catsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Morris

Any word on this kid? I see he is constantly moving up in recruiting rankings. He could be a nice addition with Jaquon heading out after next year.
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha23 View Post
Any word on this kid? I see he is constantly moving up in recruiting rankings. He could be a nice addition with Jaquon heading out after next year.
I don't see Mick bringing in another SF. We have Shaq Thomas who is going to be a Freshman and Rubles who is a combo 3/4. Throw in Parker and the fact that the 2013 class seems very deep at SF, I think Mick goes big or pockets the scholarship. No inside info. Just my guess.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Gotcha23

I was under the assumption we needed tall Shooting Guards and a variety of Small Forwards with the "4 out offense" Mick plans to run. Kelvin Gaines and Justin Jackson seem like they could fit at the 5 spot in the new offense. Personally, I would love to see a big time PG sign here. I have a good feeling about Gaines going forward...
Old 05-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was under the assumption we needed tall Shooting Guards and a variety of Small Forwards with the "4 out offense" Mick plans to run. Kelvin Gaines and Justin Jackson seem like they could fit at the 5 spot in the new offense. Personally, I would love to see a big time PG sign here. I have a good feeling about Gaines going forward...
i wish gaines showed some glimmer of evidence to support being confident about him. i hope you are right- i am not expecting much out of him ever.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Gotcha23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
i wish gaines showed some glimmer of evidence to support being confident about him. i hope you are right- i am not expecting much out of him ever.
His Junior year will be the break out season IMO. Big guys with his type of potenital are bound to make an impact eventually(vertical and blocking ability). If we sat him on the block and let the guards do the majority of the scoring I think he could be very effective within the next two years...

Id like to see:

Cash
SK
Parker
Rubles
Jackson with Gaines getting minutes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
SK is 6'4"
Parker is 6'3"
JDIII is 6'3"
Sanders is 6'5"
Shaq is 6'7"

Those 5 guys will be looking for minutes at 2 or 3 spots. Realistically they won't see much time at the four. At the four you will see:

Jackson 6'8"
Ellis 6'11"
Mbodj 6'10"
Shaq 6'7" (in 4 guard sets)
Rubles

Honestly, there are probably better SG/SF in the 2013 class and not a need at that spot this season. I think Mick will pass.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote