Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'12 KY PG Jaylen Beckham

2012 PG: Jaylen Beckham
6'0" 150lbs
Lexington, Kentucky
Lexington Catholic HS
AAU: Hoop Dreams

Offer: No.
Other offers: DePaul, Washington

Rivals Bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Beckham-91418

Courier-Journal: Jody Demling:

Lexington Catholic High School sophomore Jaylen Beckham has long been considered the state's top college prospect in the Class of 2012.

Now, the colleges appear to agree.

The 6-foot, 165-pound sophomore already has two offers and is getting interested from a lot of other big-time schools as he heads into the final stages of his sophomore season.

"It's a lot of pressure, but I just want to keep playing and trying to get better," Beckham said.

DePaul and Washington have both offered scholarships, while Oklahoma State, Indiana, Alabama, Cincinnati, Xavier, Ohio State and Florida have all shown interest.

Kentucky is watching and has shown a bit of interest, while Louisville assistant coach Walter McCarty was recently in to watch Beckham, according to LexCath coach Brandon Salsman.

"I am just trying to get better," said Beckham, noting he's not thinking a lot about a college decision. "I need to work on my assist-to-turnover ration and a consistent jump shot."

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 02-02-2010 at 08:40 PM.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Courier-Journal (2/12/10):

LexCath won its 11th consecutive game with a victory over highly-ranked Scott County, scoring a 74-71 victory in Georgetown.

Sophomore guard Jaylen Beckham (photo) had 21 points and eight rebounds for the Knights.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Lexington Herald-Leader here is the listing of the 11th Region "All-Region Team":

Vance Hall, Franklin County
Will Evans, Lexington Christian
Ryan Fucci, Tates Creek
Mike Walker, Lafayette
Chad Jackson, Scott County
Dakotah Euton, Scott County
Jaylen Beckham, Lexington Catholic
Marcellus Barksdale, Tates Creek
Carrington Roberts, Madison Southern
Ge-Lawn Guyn, Scott County
Domonique Hagans, Lafayette
J.T Riddle, Western Hills

Not bad for a sophomore.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Regardless of whether this kid ends up in a Bearcat uniform, it's cool to see the transcript of your conversation with him, as he sounds like a good kid. I wish him well.

Assuming normal player progression during the junior and senior years of high school, where might this kid end up as far as recruiting rankings?
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
Regardless of whether this kid ends up in a Bearcat uniform, it's cool to see the transcript of your conversation with him, as he sounds like a good kid. I wish him well.

Assuming normal player progression during the junior and senior years of high school, where might this kid end up as far as recruiting rankings?
He is already top 150 recruit.

I saw him in the top 100.

I believe he is ranked around 70th overall right now.

I will try to verify and get back on that one...
Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I'd say easy top 100 as of now and if he improves his jump shot i could see top 50-75 and maybe top 5 PG in the country.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I'd say easy top 100 as of now and if he improves his jump shot i could see top 50-75 and maybe top 5 PG in the country.
Agreed.

I don't think there is much dispute he is a top 100 recruit right now.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Might be getting ahead of myself, but could you imagine this kid coming in and learning how to run the point from a sophomore Teague (assuming he comes here and stays more than one year)? Gets me excited just thinking about it.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I think if Marquis lives up to expectations he may be one and done unfortunately. But you never know with PGs because it's a position that relies so much on maturity and decision making.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #10
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I think if Marquis lives up to expectations he may be one and done unfortunately. But you never know with PGs because it's a position that relies so much on maturity and decision making.
I think MT is one and done. He could use some strength, but his skill is undeniable.

I have a feeling that the emotional fallout if MT doesn't commit to UC might cause some people to do some extreme things....