Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
We had another PG from Georgia recently who had a heckuva career. Would be nice to get another.
I really liked Cashmere.

But I will always contend and wonder how much better he would have been playing SG instead of PG, if we had had a legit PG.

Cash was playing out of position. But he did a good enough job.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
I've never thought about him as a SG, but I can see it based on the way he could shoot. Cash had a great career, but it was his knee injury freshman year that did him in. He was lightning quick in high school, but he never quite got that step back at UC.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
I really liked Cashmere.

But I will always contend and wonder how much better he would have been playing SG instead of PG, if we had had a legit PG.

Cash was playing out of position. But he did a good enough job.
I wonder how much better he would have been if he didn't hurt his knee and shoulder...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I wonder how much better he would have been if he didn't hurt his knee and shoulder...
That's the real question. As for playing out of position, I would argue that he would have to play PG to have any shot at an NBA career. Of course, the injuries took any chance of that away but that was probably the logic.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
To me a sg is someone who can dribble, but can't necessarily be relied on to bring the ball up the court, also someone who can score in a variety of ways, whether it be driving or shooting deep. That doesn't descibe Cash to me. A pg is someone who can bring the ball up the court dn run the offense and create for his teammates. Honestly both positions should be able to score in a variety of ways and should be able to hit a jump shot. Cash handled the ball as well as any pg, but as far as his ability to create for his teammates he fell short of what you want from a pg. It's hard to just say he's a sg because he really took care of the ball, but he did seem to be better off the ball once in the half-court offense because then he could set up for an outside shot (assuming we could create an open look for him). Before he got hurt, when his feet were set he was deadly. That is something you think of more from a sg. He did come back to his shooting form late in the season, although I think the lingering issues still affected him. To me the only thing that seperates a sg and a pg is your ability to dribble and bring the ball up the court under pressure. There are pg's that can hit an outside shot or create their own shot, in fact that anymore is what you want out of your pg. I think a better argument is whether or not he was an effective pg or a great pg. To be a great pg you have to be able to run an offense and create for your teammates. Cash was not good at those things, thus I would say he was an effective pg. I don't say any of this to dog him. I was and will always be a huge Cash fan.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 05-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
Marquette offered
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #27
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Add Tulsa and Tennessee to the offer list.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247
Cant be said enough. Devin Mitchell is a deadly shooter. #eybl
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits

Indiana is now showing interest in 2014 Georgia Stars (GA) PG Devin Mitchell. Kansas inquired earlier. @D_Mitch23 http://verbalcommits.com/players/devin-mitchell
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Updated highlights of this year. Very smooth player, but he is another combo guard. Hope we can find a true PG to pair with him.

Here is the video:
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote