Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2013 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat4life View Post
why must you specify "white" guy?
Exactly.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #12
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
I'm not complaining. Mick has his 4 year man and, of course, Twyman has to pay his own way lol. That was a surprise. NOT!
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #13
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dear God, please stop with this race shit. He's a white guy that can shoot, we need someone who can shoot. Do we need to be politically correct about everything? As long as he isn't a cancer to the team and can shoot, I don't care if he is purple. I was mentioning that he is white because he is, should I have said he was black, even though he isn't? I hate assholes like you who turn everything into a race war.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
So someone pointed out he is white. Big deal it is nice and refreshing to have a white guy on the team. Nothing wrong with that. I think it is cool and hope he can help.

I also find it refreshing to have someone who might be able to hit a darn shot. I mean how many open shots do we miss? The cost always comes on the defensive side when you are not super athletic.

Just keep in mind Logan was not very highly thought of either. I just want some players who can hit an open shot. It can be Field Williams, Steve Logan or Max Twyman! I just want a sharp shooter. Not sure how much of sharp shooters the other new recruits are.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM   #15
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
I'm not complaining. Mick has his 4 year man and, of course, Twyman has to pay his own way lol. That was a surprise. NOT!
I guess all of the black walk-ons were taken. That's why Mick was forced to choose a white walk-on. At least there is someone you can now root for on the team. Hope he is allowed his rightful place in the front of the team bus.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
maybe because AmberlyColonel thinks Mick is a racist for not recruiting enough white guys. I guess he can drop that (incredibly stupid) argument now.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
maybe because AmberlyColonel thinks Mick is a racist for not recruiting enough white guys. I guess he can drop that (incredibly stupid) argument now.
Why is it important to mention his color? Does it matter? If he is talented and qualifies sign him up. he is a american hows that.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post

I also find it refreshing to have someone who might be able to hit a darn shot.
Let's all calm down. This is not his granddad. He is a walk on. He won't get the chance to hit a darn shot unless the outcome of the game is already decided.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
If he can shoot ft's, he will play at the end of games. Do you really want Rubles at the line at the end of a game or a white guy who drains everything? Easy decision. I didn't say he will start or anything, but he definitely will do more than Epp. This guy looks like he is somewhere in between bench player and scrub. Epp scored 10 ppg in HS, this guy scores 22. Looks like you are an ignorant fool, Ralph's other account.
I have no problem with Rubles at the line at the end of a game that he has been playing in. He is a pretty good free throw shooter (and he isn't even a white guy!!). There is no way this young man will see the floor in games that are even close, there is a reason he is a walk-on. There are plently of kids who can "drain everything" but that doesn't mean that they'll be in at the end of a close game to shoot FT's. Based on your logic, I am assuming you are like 13-14 years old. Buy a clue loser.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #20
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Let's all calm down. This is not his granddad. He is a walk on. He won't get the chance to hit a darn shot unless the outcome of the game is already decided.
This. If he is playing for us in important situations we are in big trouble. There is a reason he doesnt have a big time scholarship just as there was a reason why epp didnt have one either. He is here to help the guys out in practice.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote