Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We can't afford to keep Tuberville around next year. As Jason said, they could fire him tonight and I don't think anyone would care. But no matter what happens the rest of this year, I just don't see how we can bring this guy back. The program can't afford to have these kind of losses (especially at home) be so routine. We've lost by at least 2 TDs in 5 of the last 13 games. And all of those losses have come against non-P5 programs. Inexcusable.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 10-01-2016 at 09:38 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:28 AM   #22
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
You gotta take Less Miles, or BJ or BJ or JTresell. As long as they are ethical. We need wins
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Tuberville needs to go. Bohn needs to do his job here or he should go too. Fans, players, and the university deserve better.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:29 AM   #24
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
TT is here collecting a paycheck while getting to be close to his wife's family. Period.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #25
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Tuberville needs to go. Bohn needs to do his job here or he should go too. Fans, players, and the university deserve better.
Yup. It has to end. I'd pull the trigger now....but at the very least the day the season ends
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:50 PM   #26
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yup. It has to end. I'd pull the trigger now....but at the very least the day the season ends
I agree. I think the end of the year might be best. I think Bohn needs to lay it out for Tubs and establish the fact he is not working out and bow out peacefully at the years end. Time to starting searching and PJ should be contacted.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #27
TheHelicopter

TheHelicopter is on a distinguished road
I know it's a long shot, but if Texas does go through with firing Charlie Strong following the season, would he be a realistic option?

Hated playing against his teams but the man can recruit and won a lot in the AAC.
TheHelicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:42 AM   #28
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Tuberville = Cronin / Cronin = Tuberville

I have a tendency to be more patient with our football program since historically they are't near the caliber of the basketball program but I agree that Tommy T needs to go. I'll never understand why the administration at UC feels so comfortable with sitting back and allowing these coaches to lower the bar on our programs.

All the momentum we gained under Dantonio, Kelly and Jones is now gone. We've sat back and watched as the needle stopped rising and now we're watching it fall. Unless we want to end up complacent and stuck in eternal mediocrity like our hoops program we need to act quickly. Time to move on from Tommy T at the end of the season and bring in someone who will start moving the needle forward again. Simply making bowl games is not good enough, this team needs to be competing for championships, especially since we're in the AAC. If we do not get into the Big 12 with expansion God help this athletic program with these two coaches at the helm sailing a sinking ship right to the bottom of the non power 5 ocean.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #29
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelicopter View Post
I know it's a long shot, but if Texas does go through with firing Charlie Strong following the season, would he be a realistic option?

Hated playing against his teams but the man can recruit and won a lot in the AAC.
An enthusiastic yes from me.

I have no idea how realistic this scenario would be.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelicopter View Post

I'm not a big fan of hiring coaches who have just been fired somewhere else. Charlie Strong might be an exception. He wouldn't be my top choice at all, but I wouldn't be upset either.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote