Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #111
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
The current coaching situation with Butch Jones has made it somewhat clear that the renovation of Nippert Stadium will be the first priority. 5/3 Arena will not be renovated at anytime in the foreseeable future.

Football is first, basketball is second.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #112
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
People aren't going to like to hear this but I think UC should work out a deal with the Bengals to play at PBS in the short term, renovate/build an arena for UC basketball and then, once in a conference and getting more money from the TV contract, you upgrade Nippert.
I wonder if that negotiation would be with the city or the Bengals. It is our stadium as taxpayers in Cincinnati. But with how egregious that lease, something tells me Mike Brown has the negotiating rights and gets the revenue.
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #113
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks' Guns View Post
I wonder if that negotiation would be with the city or the Bengals. It is our stadium as taxpayers in Cincinnati. But with how egregious that lease, something tells me Mike Brown has the negotiating rights and gets the revenue.
I believe Mike Brown has the ultimate say.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #114
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks' Guns View Post
Maybe we could ditch the trolley and put that money to good use!
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #115
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like butch and colorado have been in communication after all not good. http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sport...-still-talking. Is it just me or does this seem to be getting ridiculous if he is going to leave just do it already so we dont miss out on a decent replacement. i know its a big decision but dam
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #116
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown Bearcat View Post
sounds like butch and colorado have been in communication after all not good. http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sport...-still-talking. Is it just me or does this seem to be getting ridiculous if he is going to leave just do it already so we dont miss out on a decent replacement. i know its a big decision but dam
Butch's agent has been in contact with both Colorado and UC (and who knows who else). Butch hasn't accepted anything yet and from what I heard, his agent is trying to get all the details pinned down from UC and CU so when Butch makes a decision he can sign and be done. I don't take anything from this.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #117
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
From what I understand the university is sitting on plans to upgrade Nippert and 5/3rd. The plan for Nippert is to add about 10,000 seats, that would put it on par with the smaller stadiums in BCS conferences. From what I understand the plans for 5/3rd is to rotate the court and I assume eliminate the fold away seats and make better, permanent seating. The issue is money being available to go forward with these projects.

I think the option to move to Paul Brown is always there if that were a hanging factor on whether a better conference would want us. I think that would be the only way UC would move down there, unless it was a temporary move while Nippert was being upgraded. From past year's games UC found they needed to sell over 45,000 seats to outmake the money it gets from selling 35,000 at Nippert. The amount of money lost would be even more given the amount of seats we are currently selling and I can't see that getting any better with decreased competition. Moving to Paul Brown without the fan interest would be ass backwards to me. UC needs to just hope and pray one of the better conferences needs to go far enough down the totem pole to choose us to try and maintain its conference. Plain and simple. Sounds harsh, but the reality is what it is. As far as 5/3rd goes, I think when and if UC continues it's winning and the fan support comes back they can get a corporate sponsor to shell out some bucks to help in the upgrade. UC needs football to be good to be viable and make money and get into a better conference, but I think locally as far as fan support it will always be a basketball school. Kind of a weird situation, but UC's focus has to be on football to be able to move in a better conference to upgrade it's athletics as a whole. Basketball doesn't make money. Even if we sold out our season it wouldn't balance the university's athletic budget. Simply put, the TV dollars are insane for football.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #118
catsfan4life

catsfan4life is an unknown quantity at this point
where do you think they will put the 10,000 tickets around the stadium?
catsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #119
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
@wesrucker247: Cincinnati football coach Butch Jones emerges as frontrunner for the Tennessee job: ($) http://bit.ly/YGqQzm
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote