Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Cincinnati and Connecticut will be invited to the ACC after bowl season, no latter than mid to late January.
Will you buy us all pizza at LaRosa's if that does not happen?

Or in the alternative shave your head?

You can do either on Feb. 1, your choice.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
UnivCincy

UnivCincy is on a distinguished road
My hope is that Cincinnati lands in the Big 12, but it seems more likely that they will be poached by the ACC when all is said and done. That said, it may take another year before the dominoes start to fall. It's all speculation at this point. I think Babcock would rather stay in the Big East than join the MWC. Again, that's speculation on my part.

I miss LaRosa's. And real chili.
UnivCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I wonder what TT would want...for us to go to the Big 12 or ACC?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
"Boise State got the Mountain West to make several television contract concessions.

The Mountain West will sell Boise State home games separately from the overall conference television package. Also, if Boise State appears in a Bowl Championship Series contest it will be allowed to keep half the revenue generated. Most leagues share bowl revenue equally."

If your Houston or SMU you are going to rush to join this? NOT!

Boise plays in one of the future 3 BCS non AQ bowls (each of the participants receives $17.5 Million), Boise gets $8.75 million, the other 11 MWC schools get $795,454 each, but should one of the 11 other schools play in one of the 3 future BCS non AQ Bowls the money gets split equally 12 ways, $1,458,333each. Great deal if you are Bosie, not so much if you are one of the + 11.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
From a very narrow view at the 2013-2014 BCS, maybe the Broke East is an easy path to get back to a BCS game next year. Obviously, we'd rather be in the ACC, BIG or Big 12 but if it doesn't happen prior to next year, hopefully Tommy T can strike right away and get in the BCS for a big pay day and some exposure. Looking at the below opponents, completely do-able. Hey...just trying to look for some bright spot here even if it is completely short-sighted.

Big East
Louisville
UConn
Purdue
UCF
Memphis
Rutgers
USF
[San Diego St.]

Non-Conference
Northwestern State
Illinois
Miami (OH)
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #16
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Houston's administration issued a statement late Monday, reported the Houston Chronicle's Joseph Duarte in his blog.

The statement did not mention the Big East at all and, as many message board posters pointed out Monday night, read a bit like a resume for other conferences that may be considering adding Houston - namely the MWC:

Quote:
"We are undoubtedly disappointed in the latest conference realignment shuffle. As stated throughout these developments, we will continue to concentrate on the best interests of the University of Houston and its athletics department and focus on the issues we can control. We are always working towards long-term stability as our brand continues to grow with the help of a very viable market in the City of Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city, and a great fan base. Combine that with our history of athletic and academic achievements along with the beginning of facility upgrades and we believe we offer a promising and established athletics program."
http://blog.chron.com/cougars/2012/1...ent-shuffling/

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN

Would be surprised if they don't RT @Mike_BTN: @McMurphyESPN Think the MWC will get to 12 for next season?

UTEP, SMU and Houston interested in MWC

Views
Comments

08:14 AM ET 01.02 | The MWC may not be done yet. Why stop at 11? With the feeble state of the Big East and a wide-open lane to take control of the smaller conference realm, the Mountain West has room to get aggressive after Boise State decided to stay in the Mountain West and eschew the Big East. Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson said [Monday] the league has been in talks with 3-5 teams. San Diego State -- which originally planned to join the Big East in a package deal with Boise -- is one of them. A league source says UTEP, SMU and Houston have recently shown interest in becoming members. BYU is the biggest prize available, but the Cougars seem committed to independence -- at least for now.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...erested-in-mwc

Quote:
Sources told ESPN that besides San Diego State and BYU, the Mountain West is considering Houston, SMU and UTEP. Houston and SMU are scheduled to join the Big East on July 1, 2013.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...st-option-join

Last edited by User Name:; 01-03-2013 at 01:51 PM.
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Ralph you are in way over your head here. The big east is in shambles. Everyone not named Memphis, temple, Tulane or east Carolina wants out
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
For some reason, over the past few days I think going to the Big 12 would be the best. Yes, the football competition would be the toughest but we can adapt and compete. I also can see Cincinnati playing very well in the basketball conference as well. I think the Big 12 would be the best spot because of the ultimate stability it seems to have. For some reason I feel like the ACC will be nothing more than what the Big East was before all the movement. Just an opinion.
Which would be absolute best case scenerio for this university IMO. The 2005-2012 Big East was the absolute perfect level for our basketball and football teams to be playing at. Both programs benefitted greatly. If we could recapture mostly the same conference under the ACC banner, I would love it.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucswais View Post
Which would be absolute best case scenerio for this university IMO. The 2005-2012 Big East was the absolute perfect level for our basketball and football teams to be playing at. Both programs benefitted greatly. If we could recapture mostly the same conference under the ACC banner, I would love it.
I totally agree with everything you say there and it makes the most sense. My question is, and maybe it can't be answered but would the "new" ACC dissolve just like the BE? Right of the top of my head, I say no way, I would like to think the ACC is under better leadership than the current BE and wouldn't let it happen.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #20
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Will you buy us all pizza at LaRosa's if that does not happen?

Or in the alternative shave your head?

You can do either on Feb. 1, your choice.
I would love to share some LaRosa's pizza with you Ralph
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote