Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #291
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Ralph, when the conference dominoes fall again, and it will happen sooner than later, I want you to come back on this thread and publicly admit you were incorrect about conference realignment. If it happens you are right (I put that at 1% chance) I will be the first to admit I was wrong. The fact is no one knows what is going to happen, but if you were placing a bet in Vegas, the favorite would be more conference realignment and UC being in a conference other than the Big East by the 2014-2015 season.
On what date are you going to admit you we're wrong? April 1, 2013? June 30, 2013? Or are you going to wait until infinity and hope something might happen in the year 2025?
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #292
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
UC has no where else to go, staying in the Big East is UC's best option. The $2 million a year is better than they can get anywhere else. The contract is for 6 years, not the 12 to 15 years other conferences have signed. What NBC is selling is exposure. When ND is away a Big East football game will be shown on NBC in ND's 3:30pm Saturday time slot. When ND is at home a Big East game will either preceed or follow the ND telecast. UC can also sign a deal with Fox Sports Ohio for all the games not on NBC Sports channel. NBC will not have the ESPN3 deal so the number of UC games to be shown on the NBC Sports Channel will be limited, thus a lot more inventory available for Fox Sports Ohio.
The Big East will be a horrible conference all the way around. Ticket sales will be pathetic. Hope they put together a killer OOC.

Last edited by Amberlycolonel; 02-14-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #293
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
On what date are you going to admit you we're wrong? April 1, 2013? June 30, 2013? Or are you going to wait until infinity and hope something might happen in the year 2025?
You are unequivocally horrifically incorrect(and have been on all things realignment related) and you know it
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #294
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
You are unequivocally horrifically incorrect(and have been on all things realignment related) and you know it
Mick, you are the one who is unequivocally horrifically incorrect. You really need to take my conference realignment 101 course.You are always wrong on this stuff, your latest blunder being your Houston and SMU to the MWC statement.

The movement within the Power 5 is finished until 2025 at the earliest.

Every day that I wake the status quo is the status quo. Until something changes in the Power 5 I am the one who is correct and you are the one who is incorrect.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #295
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Mick, you are the one who is unequivocally horrifically incorrect. You really need to take my conference realignment 101 course.You are always wrong on this stuff, your latest blunder being your Houston and SMU to the MWC statement.

The movement within the Power 5 is finished until 2025 at the earliest.

Every day that I wake the status quo is the status quo. Until something changes in the Power 5 I am the one who is correct and you are the one who is incorrect.
Remember when you said

"No big east bball only schools will ever leave the big east"

Seven incorrect facts in one statement. That is horrific
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #296
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
The Big East will be a horrible conference all the way around. Ticket sales will be pathetic. Hope they put together a killer OOC.
Fans buy tickets to see UC, not the other team. If UC is winning ticket sales will be great. It worked when UC was in C-USA.

A 12-0 UC football team playing in the new Big East will sell a lot more tickets than a 6-6 UC football team playing in the ACC.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #297
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fans buy tickets to see UC, not the other team. If UC is winning ticket sales will be great. It worked when UC was in C-USA.

A 12-0 UC football team playing in the new Big East will sell a lot more tickets than a 6-6 UC football team playing in the ACC.
Interesting! Why do you think they will sale more tickets in the new big east?
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #298
ralph1950
Epic Member

The status quo remains the status quo.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #299
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The status quo remains the status quo.
Whenever I read one of your posts I think the same thing.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote