Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Interesting article, Tommy T must love his golf cart:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nnati/2650521/
Old 08-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #22
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
They play 2 Big 10 teams to start the season which could very well result in a 0-2 start. UofL loss 3, Rutgers loss 4, and so forth and so forth.
You are such an obvious troll. Illinois won 2 games last year. Purdue went 6-6 and will play at a sold out nip. Sure, they might lose, but no UC fan would ever say "could very well result in a 0-2 start".
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #23
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
You are such an obvious troll. Illinois won 2 games last year. Purdue went 6-6 and will play at a sold out nip. Sure, they might lose, but no UC fan would ever say "could very well result in a 0-2 start".
It is not a good idea to take any Big 10 team lightly as they have all of the advantages of being in the Big 10.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #24
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It is not a good idea to take any Big 10 team lightly as they have all of the advantages of being in the Big 10.
This guy is clearly not a bearcats fan. Im sure everyone knows it but all he does is make the most obvious counter argument that ignorant UC skeptics use.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #25
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
This guy is clearly not a bearcats fan. Im sure everyone knows it but all he does is make the most obvious counter argument that ignorant UC skeptics use.
I will put my thousands of dollars of lifetime UCAT donations up against your UCAT donations any day of the week. It is simply unrealistic to expect UC to show up and walkover any Big 10 team given the big time financial and facility advantages those Big 10 teams have over UC.

Good thing is the answer will be known in 2 and 3 weeks when the games are played.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I will put my thousands of dollars of lifetime UCAT donations up against your UCAT donations any day of the week. It is simply unrealistic to expect UC to show up and walkover any Big 10 team given the big time financial and facility advantages those Big 10 teams have over UC.

Good thing is the answer will be known in 2 and 3 weeks when the games are played.
So, by your logic, DePaul should have been dominant every year out of conference because they were playing in the Big East with all those advantages over the mid majors? You still have to have players to win. You can have all the money in the world but there are reasons Northwestern and Purdue and Illinois are bad far more often than they are good.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #27
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
You guys must be really bored if you're going to argue with Ralph...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
You guys must be really bored if you're going to argue with Ralph...
Things are slow. What can I say? Lol
Old 08-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #29
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I actually agree with Ralph on this one. Vandy was a 6-6 (2-6 in the SEC) team two years ago and matched up very evenly vs. our Big East first-place tying team in the Liberty Bowl. I'm not saying we can't beat these teams, but I don't think you can just look at their records and dismiss them. I would venture to guess that Purdue and Illinois both have an easier time recruiting big name players than we do. If they have better talent then why should we blindly assume we will win the game? And Jason, let's be realistic here, basketball is different than football. The haves and have nots are so much more defined. A pool of 100+ players to form a team brings out the talent disparity better than a pool of 13 players. Plus in basketball one player can make a difference. That isn't really the case in football.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #30
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I actually agree with Ralph on this one. Vandy was a 6-6 (2-6 in the SEC) team two years ago and matched up very evenly vs. our Big East first-place tying team in the Liberty Bowl. I'm not saying we can't beat these teams, but I don't think you can just look at their records and dismiss them. I would venture to guess that Purdue and Illinois both have an easier time recruiting big name players than we do. If they have better talent then why should we blindly assume we will win the game? And Jason, let's be realistic here, basketball is different than football. The haves and have nots are so much more defined. A pool of 100+ players to form a team brings out the talent disparity better than a pool of 13 players. Plus in basketball one player can make a difference. That isn't really the case in football.
Actually, you just proved my point! Big Ten teams have advantages in recruiting but if you look at the roster of Purdue and Illinois, they will look similar to that of UC's. they might have a couple players ranked higher but they don't have the recruits that OSU or Michigan have. And since you agree that one player isn't typically a huge difference maker, you must then agree that there is no reason UC shouldn't expect to win at home against Purdue.