Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 11-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #61
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Looks like UC is 25th in the coaches poll (27th in AP). The Bearcats have been a different team since that USF loss. While Kay is still turnover prone, our offense has at least shown the ability to move the ball and more importantly put it in the end zone. The defense has played solid all season. The dbacks have gotten better as well as the season progressed. I'll hand it to the coaches for making the adjustment after that USF loss and embracing the spread offense and a passing attack. The Louisville game will be interesting. I hate that it is a Thursday night. I will be there, of course, but it's really hard for the working class people of America to adjust to ESPN's need to let the west coast watch midweek sports. The earliest that game gets done is 11:45, more than likely it runs past midnight. Now that I'm done with my rant, I can't wait for this game. Louisville has shown to be the better team, but we have the advantage of Nippert under the lights. Kay has to control his mistakes. INT's happen, but he needs to be smarter about when and where to take chances. I want to see Williams get the start at RB. Use RDA in the passing game or for a change of pace back. Miliano needs to man up and make his kicks. If we win it won't be a blowout and there's a good chance we'll need a fg or two. And we definitely need the PAT's. I don't know much about Louisville, but they're not flawless. Our defense needs to force them into mistakes.
The game starts at 7:30. If you think it will take 4 hours and 15 minutes at the earliest...not sure what to tell you. I would assume everyone will be in their cars by 11:00.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #62
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
The game starts at 7:30. If you think it will take 4 hours and 15 minutes at the earliest...not sure what to tell you. I would assume everyone will be in their cars by 11:00.
I thought the game started at 8, in that case move my times up a half-hour. ESPN games run very long, especially featured games like this. Most games this year and in past years run close to four hours before the final whistle. Especially if the game is close and teams have to manage the clock rather than run the clock. Yesterday's game ran until almost 4:00. Between reviews and injury timeouts going to full timeouts for ESPN, games don't go anywhere near the three hours they're slated anymore.