Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 05-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #21
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Pencil them in for 9-4 with a bowl loss to a 6-6 P5 team. Like clockwork.
I'm going to hold you to that.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #22
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Pencil them in for 9-4 with a bowl loss to a 6-6 P5 team. Like clockwork.
I'll take that. If you can go 9-4 consistently and keep the same coach, then that is good enough to keep us in the running for getting out of the AAC. Couple that with our solid basketball team, we have just as good of a chance as anyone else to move up. We don't need TT to go undefeated every year, we just need stability and he has provided that so far. His in game coaching tactics are questionable at times and I wish he would recruit a little bit better, but he is a known commodity.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@Bearcats_FB
#Bearcats RB Tion Green listed among @USATODAYsports players poised to have a breakout season! https://t.co/04osAp22gD
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #24
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I'll take that. If you can go 9-4 consistently and keep the same coach, then that is good enough to keep us in the running for getting out of the AAC. Couple that with our solid basketball team, we have just as good of a chance as anyone else to move up. We don't need TT to go undefeated every year, we just need stability and he has provided that so far. His in game coaching tactics are questionable at times and I wish he would recruit a little bit better, but he is a known commodity.
LOL!! In the ACC or SEC maybe. In the American where most teams are in the bottom 50 of FBS only winning 9 games doesn't mean much. Tubs has already been blown out by 4-8 Illinois, 6-6 UNC, 6-6 Miami-Fl, 6-6 Virginia Tech and Memphis at home. That lets me know this is at best a 4 or 5 win team in P5 conference where UC aspires to be. Tubs has 18 wins in his two season and only 3 of them were against even average FBS teams (Houstonx2 and ECU) and UC almost blew all three of those games. Tubs has effectively killed the UC football program, just no one knows it yet.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #25
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LOL!! In the ACC or SEC maybe. In the American where most teams are in the bottom 50 of FBS only winning 9 games doesn't mean much. Tubs has already been blown out by 4-8 Illinois, 6-6 UNC, 6-6 Miami-Fl, 6-6 Virginia Tech and Memphis at home. That lets me know this is at best a 4 or 5 win team in P5 conference where UC aspires to be. Tubs has 18 wins in his two season and only 3 of them were against even average FBS teams (Houstonx2 and ECU) and UC almost blew all three of those games. Tubs has effectively killed the UC football program, just no one knows it yet.
Attendance has remained steady and even increased in 2013. We made major improvements to Nippert. We have a coach who has gone undefeated at an SEC school before and he consistently makes bowl games. We are going to be at the top of our conference and a top candidate to leave the AAC if a spot opens up. And yes, we might be a 4-5 win team in the P5, but that is because we have AAC talent. Give Tubbs a few years and we would win 8-9 games in a P5 as well. I have no clue why you are so hard on Tubbs....he isn't the greatest, but he has stopped the endless cycles of coaches that used us as a stepping stone. I'll take it. We also gave your favorite team, O$U, a pretty good fight last year. It was a close game until the last quarter, which is impressive with the talent gap.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Attendance has remained steady and even increased in 2013. We made major improvements to Nippert. We have a coach who has gone undefeated at an SEC school before and he consistently makes bowl games. We are going to be at the top of our conference and a top candidate to leave the AAC if a spot opens up. And yes, we might be a 4-5 win team in the P5, but that is because we have AAC talent. Give Tubbs a few years and we would win 8-9 games in a P5 as well. I have no clue why you are so hard on Tubbs....he isn't the greatest, but he has stopped the endless cycles of coaches that used us as a stepping stone. I'll take it. We also gave your favorite team, O$U, a pretty good fight last year. It was a close game until the last quarter, which is impressive with the talent gap.
It was a close game for 2 quarters. UC had a lot of fluke offensive plays in that game. They had ZERO chance stopping Ohio State, giving up over 700 yards and a school record for first downs. OSU could have picked their score in that one.

As for Tubs, I don't like him because he is an awful in game coach and has made several head scratching decisions. I am still praying that somehow Brian Kelly gets fired at Notre Dame in the next few years and comes back!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #27
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Yeah unfortunately we can't all have 100,000+ stadiums and unlimited $$$$$$. Sooooo we settle for Tubberville who has not done great, but he hasn't been terrible either. I'll take Nippert over 99% of the stadiums out there. We are going in the right direction and this year will be exciting with all our receivers and Kiel coming back. Defense needs work, but we have a ton of new defensive players coming off their redshirt season ready to contribute. No need to bring up that douchey Leprechaun in South Bend...
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...nnati-navy-ucf

AAC Power Rankings...look who's #1!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #29
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was a close game for 2 quarters. UC had a lot of fluke offensive plays in that game. They had ZERO chance stopping Ohio State, giving up over 700 yards and a school record for first downs. OSU could have picked their score in that one.

As for Tubs, I don't like him because he is an awful in game coach and has made several head scratching decisions. I am still praying that somehow Brian Kelly gets fired at Notre Dame in the next few years and comes back!
You can't say we had a bunch of fluke plays on offense and then credit OSU with 700 yards. Gunner Kiel and Chris Moore shredded the OSU secondary. They were a pretty bad defensive team at that point too.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #30
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
You can't say we had a bunch of fluke plays on offense and then credit OSU with 700 yards. Gunner Kiel and Chris Moore shredded the OSU secondary. They were a pretty bad defensive team at that point too.
Cincinnati had 422 yards of total offense and got 221 yards on just 3 plays. To me 52% of your offense on 3 plays is a fluke. OSU was methodically marching down the field whenever they wanted to. Nearly 42 minutes of possession, and over 100 plays ran. That is called a BEAT DOWN in my eyes.