Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,875
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
"When Hot"??? They all high major D1 athletes. If any of them couldn't change the game on their best nights, why are they here? I said from get go to go after former 5* kids on transfer list. Coach gambled for full roster when we shouldve had high profile recruits coming in along with other recruits.
Are you serious??? How many high profile recruits (other than Jaevin) did we have a realistic shot at? Jaevin was down to us and Michigan as I recall. He was one of the top gets on the transfer market. Who was left when Brannen took over the job that we had any chance to get so late in the game? Be realistic and not pie in the sky.

Think it through. Brannen went for a full roster (as he stated) to give the seniors the best chance to have a great year. Not to rebuild. And who would want to rebuild on the scraps left on the market when Cronin left? And look at Vogt and Sorolla and Jaevin? Look at MAW? Harvey was one of the highest rated we could have asked for? All but Harvey are doing quite well.

WTF??

waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #42
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,667
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
"When Hot"??? They all high major D1 athletes. If any of them couldn't change the game on their best nights, why are they here? I said from get go to go after former 5* kids on transfer list. Coach gambled for full roster when we shouldve had high profile recruits coming in along with other recruits.
What high profile recruits were available? I would love a list of these high profile recruits that were available. Some people seem to think there are 5 star recruits available year round waiting for a phone call. Not many of those guys. Even less when brannen got the job.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 01-08-2020 at 04:27 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #43
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,667
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Are you serious??? How many high profile recruits (other than Jaevin) did we have a realistic shot at? Jaevin was down to us and Michigan as I recall. He was one of the top gets on the transfer market. Who was left when Brannen took over the job that we had any chance to get so late in the game? Be realistic and not pie in the sky.

Think it through. Brannen went for a full roster (as he stated) to give the seniors the best chance to have a great year. Not to rebuild. And who would want to rebuild on the scraps left on the market when Cronin left? And look at Vogt and Sorolla and Jaevin? Look at MAW? Harvey was one of the highest rated we could have asked for? All but Harvey are doing quite well.

WTF??
I agree, Harvey and Jaevin were probably 2 of the highest rated guys left out there that we had a realistic shot at and we got both.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #44
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,875
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I agree, Harvey and Jaevin were probably 2 of the highest rated guys left out there that we had a realistic shot at and we got both.
And lets not forget the foresight to bring along Vogt and then to go get Sorolla. The exchange of MAW with Curtis? Most of his recruits have worked out better than expected. Many of us were lamenting his choice of bigs. His choice of recruits seem to be far from the problem other than the one obvious guy we all wanted to land in Harvey...which is still a work in progress after his injury.

Who has been a bust so far? Harvey? Is that it? He's the highest rated guy we have and still has loads of potential. Davenport right now is ho hum...but I think Brannen did very well all things considered. Davenport seems to be a UC lifer and I will take that. Harvey will get better.

I am excited about the new guys too!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #45
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,667
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
And lets not forget the foresight to bring along Vogt and then to go get Sorolla. The exchange of MAW with Curtis? Most of his recruits have worked out better than expected. Many of us were lamenting his choice of bigs. His choice of recruits seem to be far from the problem other than the one obvious guy we all wanted to land in Harvey...which is still a work in progress after his injury.

Who has been a bust so far? Harvey? Is that it? He's the highest rated guy we have and still has loads of potential. Davenport right now is ho hum...but I think Brannen did very well all things considered. Davenport seems to be a UC lifer and I will take that. Harvey will get better.

I am excited about the new guys too!
Most freshmen take a year or 2 to get going. Very small percentage come right in and make an impact. I think we are in very good shape going forward but no one knows for sure. I also think we good be decent next year. Everyone on the team will be use to the system and what brennen wants.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.