Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #51
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Yep. You could put them out there in practice and they wouldn’t shoot that well. Still got the win. And scored 89 points!!! Haven’t done that on the road in some time.
89 on the road against a very good D. Great team play. Got pretty good looks all night
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #52
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Jaevin was the x-factor tonight. The 3 consecutive 3s he made were huge during a stretch when we didn't really have any other offense working for us.

Jarron's composure in the last 2 minutes was next level. Two very good finishes at the rim to stretch our lead and 10 straight free throws to ice the game. POY performance right there.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:22 PM   #53
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Diarra continues to take minutes and get more confidence. All the sudden our front court could be decent going in to next year.
Definitely my biggest concern for next year was our bigs and every time a watch diarra play I feel better about how we are going to look next year, he really has been playing well
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:38 PM   #54
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Statistically, this was by far our best offensive game (143.2) and worst defensive game (119.5) of the year. Worked out well.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:44 PM   #55
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Statistically, this was by far our best offensive game (143.2) and worst defensive game (119.5) of the year. Worked out well.
I am not saying I understand these numbers but sometimes it feels like these numbers are just if the team makes shots or if they miss them. Tonight they made them. Easily could have missed half of them without us doing anything different.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:07 PM   #56
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Right, just like most statistics, efficiency numbers don't mean much with a small sample size. But it does show that we needed our best offensive game of the season to overcome Temple's shooting.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:25 AM   #57
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Right, just like most statistics, efficiency numbers don't mean much with a small sample size. But it does show that we needed our best offensive game of the season to overcome Temple's shooting.
That’s the type of game that can win in March if we get there. Just outscore them
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:56 AM   #58
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That’s the type of game that can win in March if we get there. Just outscore them
Yep, I don’t care how good you are defensively, good teams score. We’ve seen it in the tournament going all the way back to the Huggins years. You can’t out tough really good teams. Have to out score them sometimes. Same with road games. Home teams are going to make shots.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #59
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I agree with everybody else. That just felt like a game you're supposed to lose but you put up 1.27 ppp vs a top 20 defense. Thats crazy.

It's so nice watching Jarron thrive in the system. There was just no way a player with his abilities was going to struggle in a system that shows off skill and basketball IQ. It's sad to think about where we could be if he weren't injured all off-season and out of shape through december.

The guys really have to play well to make up for it. Play like we can and bring some consistency and we'll be in the tournament. Trust yourself, trust your teammates, trust the coach and we'll be there.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #60
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good with the bad. I’ve said numerous times, if he was a complete player, he wouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t have been at nku either. The guy put half their team in foul trouble and kept us in the game in the first half.
Im not complaining about him one bit.

Just noting that when I post the synergy numbers, a lot of people start making up reasons why the numbers are wrong.

They aren't wrong. Just watch the film and you can see that a quick twitch athlete is all it takes to score on the post on him.

Im absolutely fine with it. But I do think at the end of games, we might need to play Diarra.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote